If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 12, 2018

April goals -Kitchen is done ✅

One of my April goals was to clean and declutter our kitchen.  I knew it would be a big job and I really didn’t think it would all get accomplished this month but I’m very happy to post that it is done. 

The after pictures look so much better so I am going to show them first.  



All of my vintage Pyrex is now in one cabinet.  I’m considering taking the doors off but I have mixed feelings about it.  For now,  I’m happy to open the doors, see all the Pyrex and easily get out the one I need.   


Below is the cabinet that now holds baking things.  



One of the things I wanted to change was to not have anything (for now) on top of the cabinets.  
I like the emptiness of it very much.  


The food pantry has been straightened from bottom to top- it’s hard to photograph because it’s sort of on an angle 



Right across from the food pantry, is the junk pantry and it also has been decluttered and organized better.  



The artsy way to display Pyrex bowls is have them raised up inside each other so all the designs and colors show.  My cabinet shelves are not very tall but I found these sturdy little portion containers at Dollar Tree.  I put them inside each bowl to stack the next smaller one on top and they made them the perfect height and rise for my cabinet.  




For this corner cabinet,  I did put a few things back in it but it is kind of like a black hole if I’m not careful.  
I wrote down everything I put in it, then typed it up in big bold letters and taped it to the inside of the door.  
This should make it way easier on the rare occasions  I need the punch bowl, or cookie cutters, or........




9 year old grandson Gavin was a big help with this kitchen clean up.  
He stood on the countertops and handed down all the stuff than used to be displayed on the upper cabinet tops. 
Then he cleaned out this crazy corner cabinet.  
See how deep it is?  

He can fit all the way straight laying on the shelf.  


Below is what the kitchen looked like for a few days while the work was in progress.  😱😬

 

Our house is several trash bags full lighter and I have 3 tubs full of kitchen things that will be leaving here soon too.  I still want to give the counters and backsplash a deep cleaning.  

I haven’t accomplished all my April goals but I’m very happy this big big decluttering and organizing job is done! ✅

Hope you all are having a good April, even with surprising weather and in Oklahoma, the teacher walkout is on day #9.  

26 comments:

  1. It always feels so good to clean out the kitchen. I'm sure you feel a weight off your shoulders now that you've gotten rid of several bags and tubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge job and one I need to start on immediately! I have one of those black hole cabinets too. Can I borrow your grandson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOW what a fantastic job. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks great. I really need to declutter mine some more. I swear my Tupperware has babies. I don't know where it all comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! I love how you have displayed your pyrex dishes...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Pyrex collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to borrow your grandson! I have a cabinet like that and it is just a mess. I like the look of things displayed on the top of cabinets. But, I could change my mind some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to mention, I have open shelving for my stainless pots and pans, , ramekins, soufflé pans, trays etc. and love it. Everything is so handy, but it does force me to keep it neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, the Pyrex!! Love it!! (now I'm going to have to look on ebay....)

    We are looking at 1/2" of ice this weekend for weather, so no fun travels. I will be reorganizing my pantry. I LIKE what you did with your trash bags. I keep my kitchen ones under the sink, but have two different sizes of black bags in the pantry....somewhere. I'm going to Walmart this morning. I think I'll look around for something like that to contain (and find) those bags! Thankyousoverymuch for the idea!

    One second thought, while I'm there....maybe there is something I can hang on the kitchen cabinet door with command strips for the kitchen trash bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about doors with grids on that pretty cabinet....a peek without complete exposure!

      Delete
  10. Oh my... it all looks so pretty! I have a dark hole in the corner cabinet too. Watching the little guy climb all the way inside made me start taking deep breaths.... I could have never done that! LOL Your pyrex collection is so pretty and I like how you have them lifted up for viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so organized! Want to come over and help me organize all my cabinets? :-) I love your collection of Pyrex. You could always take the doors off and see what you think. If you don't like it, put the doors back on. I have the exact same black hole corner cabinet that you do! It drives me crazy. I can't believe builders would even put in a cabinet like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing job!
    It looks wonderful!
    You must feel so good. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the picture of the grandson in the cupboard. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have done a smashing job of cleaning up and organizing your kitchen! And I love all that vintage Pyrex. I see it at my favorite mid-century antique shop {where I look but rarely buy anything} and always want it, but I don't have room for it. So I will just be jealous of your lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When we put in new counter tops we hired our neighbor boy to crawl in the corner cabinet and take out the screws holding the old ones on. It took him like 5 minutes and then my husband gave him a twenty dollar bill which he tried to refuse. My husband made him take it since there was no way we could have gotten in the cabinet and taken out those screws. He was all the way inside laying on the upper shelf which really amused us, too.

    The Pyrex looks wonderful and the container spacers are genius! I have wanted to collect it for years so I guess I might as well begin. I do have that big yellow mixing bowl and a few other pieces that were actually wedding gifts 40 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job! I also tacked my kitchen this week....I did it all in one day, in 6 straight hours. I only sat down for 5 minutes to take a phone call! I'm not used to working that hard, haha. And I didn't even get the finishing touches done, like mopping the floors and shining the sink. But all of the cabinets are decluttered, cleaned, and organized, and baking supplies are in pretty new containers. It was a pleasure to cook and bake in such a kitchen today. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking at your pantry and how you stored your cake mixes flat just made me say “Duh” out loud. LOL.
    I’m going to start storing like items that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Pyrex collection is so pretty! I have a few pieces but rarely use them because they're too large for using to make things for just the two of us. Congratulations on work well done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all looks great! I love all your Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks great, I love your Pyrex collection.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a great job and Gavin is the man!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh it looks terrific. I agree, it is more peaceful without things on the counter.
    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my can you come do my kitchen? Amazing job. My daughter (37) when she was 1.5 yrs old loved to sit in the cabinets. Your pic reminded me of that. Neat...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your kitchen looks so nice and organize. Your pantry is to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐