If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

baby succulents, bobbing for marshmallows, meal planning and coupon shopping

Most all of succulents I started from leaves and cuttings are growing.
I ordered a set of 16 tiny clay pots on Amazon but that was not nearly enough.
So I looked on Pinterest and found an easy way to make seed pots with the larger plastic Easter egg halves hot glued onto tiny tiles from the Lowe’s flooring department.
They seem to grow almost daily and I’m really enjoying their progress.  





Public schools in our area are all in session except for the elementary school where these 3 grandchildren are enrolled.  That school is moving into a brand new building and all the heavy rains we had in the spring for the construction work off their schedule.  
Hopefully their new school will be ready for children by next week. 
In the meantime,  these 3 are mostly spending their days with me as their parents work at different schools that are in session.  


We’ve been looking for fun things to do and I made a list of things we can do this week.  
So far, we’ve scratched off 3.
Above, they were having a great time ‘bobbing for marshmallows “ 
I filled that tub with water and then we dropped in a few of the larger marshmallows. 
The kids each put their face in the water until they caught a marshmallow with their mouth.  
I thought it was kind of gross but they had an absolute ball doing it. 




With busy days,  I thought a detailed menu plan would be helpful.  
And it has been! We aren’t eating these meals in this exact order,  but I  have all the ingredients on hand for everything and it’s easy to just decide what to serve each day as we go along.  
side dishes are fruit,  salad, fresh veggies like celery, carrots and tomatos from our backyard,  also frozen vegs, crockpot baked potatoes and veggie straws. 

These grands are especially fond of fruit and my husband and I usually eat several servings of fruit daily.  I was happy to find peaches for .48 a pound, red grapes for .75 a pound and the pears were 3 pounds for $1.  
I also found our favorite kinds of bread and buns marked to less than half so I bought some of  those and put them straight in the freezer when I got home.  

Yes, I still shop at CVS most every week and has been trying out Walgreens.  
I’ve found some good deals at Walgreens but their digital coupons don’t always apply and their register rewards and points system is complicated.  I will shop there st least an few more times as I have quite a few points built up but after I spend them,  I think I will pretty just stick with CVS and occasionally Dollar General and Family Dollar.    
I used coupons and rewards for all this stuff at CVS and Walgreens,  spent about $25 cash and got about that much back in store money for my next trips.
my husband is happy I found deals on his 2 favorite kinds of coffee,
and I was happy to find deals on bags and disposable plates and bowls.
The grands like the fries and chicken nuggets for fast meals- there are 2 bags of each as they are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Walgreens this week.


hope you all have a good rest of your week
and hope it is cooler where you are.  
We've been under a heat advisory but the weather people  say cooler days are coming soon! 

17 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with all of your tiny plants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good question- more of them reproduced than I expected. Some will stay in our house all winter and I’ll fill multiple outdoor pots with succulents next summer. I’ll give some away
      This all depends on if they keep growing,

      Delete
  2. Great job on all the plants growing! Kids look like they loved it. As always nice shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plants growing! The list you had for the grands is a good one too. The strawberries, peaches, and plums disappear here too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so organized with three grandkids--I can barely keep up with just Obie and the Redneck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evelyn, I am not always this organized but with extra children everyday, I knew it was going to be sink or swim- so I got my ducks in a row.

      Delete
  5. You always share such good ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the list of fun things. I will have West dunk for marshmallows. I think he would enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always grow way too many starts and then have to give away most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think I have too many starts? 😂😂😂

      Delete
  8. That's awesome that your succulents are doing so well! Do you keep them outside in the sun or partial sun or ??

    You are so organized with your meal plans and activities for your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, I keep the tiny succulents inside. When next spring rolls around, I plan to put them outside in bigger pots. My outdoor succulents this summer have done so well.

      Delete
  9. I can grow most anything... except succulents. I either over water or not enough. I guess it's not going to be my thing.

    There is a Dollar General going in up the street from where I live. I'll have to check out their deals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DG is easy. Get their app or make an account online and clip whichever coupons you want. Most every Saturday, DG has a $5/$25 Coupon. They have great deals on laundry products, cleaners, some H&B items, some groceries. You just enter your phone number on the checkout keypad and their coupons always work and deduct correctly, at least in my experience they have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rhonda,
    I have missed hearing from you. I wrote you a letter today. I can't believe how big the grand babies are. Lots have happen in my life. I am remarried to a wonderful man and still working in a job I love.
    Chat soon
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth, I was so happy to see a comment and update from you.
      ❤️❤️❤️ I’ve been watching for your letter but it hasn’t arrived. None of my address or phone info has changed. Hope to hear from you again soon.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐