If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, December 30, 2019

Hello

Hello everyone
I had intentions to share our Christmas decorations and baking here but I ended up sidelined with a torn hamstring.  I’m doing much better now and have to watch it but I’m happy to be able to walk almost pain free and with no aids.  
I didn’t do a single batch of Christmas baking.  Our desserts were store bought with a candy tray from a former neighbor and a buche de Noel baked by our daughter.  

We had 2 family Christmas gatherings in our home,  and afterward,  our home looked like it.  
So I made a new to do list and started working on things yesterday.
This may not all get done this week,  but I’ll do all I feel up to.  



several more of these tasks are completed, they just aren’t checked off in the photo.  


I did a good bit of coupon shopping in 2019.  So much so that my storage areas are plenty full.  For 2020,  I intend to take a break from most coupon shopping until our stockpile is used some.  
But I had some store money at CVS and Walgreens so I made short trips to both today.  
It seems foolish to let free store money expire.  

At Walgreens,  the pizzas were buy 1 get 1 free
The bags are buy 1 for $2.79, get 2 free. 
I used $20 in Walgreens points and paid $8.05 for all of the above.  I also ended up with $10 in points and $7 in register rewards that I was not expecting.  

About the Walgreens brand food bags,  this sale repeats often.  They also repeat similar sales for their brand of aluminum foil, paper plates and trash bags.  All of these are excellent quality products and much cheaper on sale than name brand products.  I actually like the Walgreens food bags better than Ziploc brand bags.  


At CVS,  I used $11 in extracarebucks from previous purchases and several coupons that printed when I scanned my CVS card at the CVS scanning machine.  I used NO newspaper or internet printable coupons.  
And I still did very well,  getting 5 boxes of cereal and 2 face moisturizers for $6.96.  



That’s all the news I have for now.  
I really do want to keep blogging,  but sometimes things just get in the way.  
Thanks for stopping by today ❤️






16 comments:

  1. A torn hamstring sounds painful! Hope your recovery is going well. Good to know about the sandwich bags at Walgreens. I may need to check that out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're completely recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your leg is feeling better. I will have to start looking at the Walgreen ads online. We don't get them in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hamstring injuries hurt! So sorry that this happened to you. I hope you recover soon. Happy New Year to you and your family, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did not know CVS points expired. I spent the ones at Walgreens. I had better check this out. How did you tear a hamstring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you got hurt and glad you are on the mend. The holiday went on and you had a good time even though you didn't bake and such. Sometimes we are put in a position to just relax and enjoy.
    You are sure a coupon guru. I quite doing all the a long time ago. You do get some great CVS deals.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your injury. Glad you are well on the mend. I think I need glasses. I read "Craft Room Straighten" as "Craft Room Slaughter" and thought it was a description of its state. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you do that? I tore mine dancing, but I was a professional, it still bleeds a little if I try and stretch too far. So painful. Hope you heal up fast. Take it easy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A torn hamstring sounds horribly painful. How in the world did that happen? Brian tore his calf muscle last year by twisting his leg in a "funny" way while running away from a swarm of bees! Don't worry if you don't get too much done - just give yourself time to heal.

    I am trying not to use so much disposable plastic...we've been using far too many sandwich and other plastic bags. I'm storing as much as I can in glass containers and Brian brings his meals to work in glass containers, too. I have some of those beeswax wraps which are helpful for wrapping hunks of cheese or covering small dishes in the fridge. I'm also going to order reusable sandwich bags on Amazon. Anyway, I also buy generic bags when I do buy them. I don't shop at Walgreens but I get the generic bags from either Walmart, Woodmans or Meijer and have never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your list---inspiration for me as always! Hope the injury heals soon! I did bake and hated it---my least fave thing. My grands don't care if it's home made or store bought. Guess what next year will be? haha Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A torn hamstring over Christmas - no fun for sure. I'm glad your pain has diminished.
    I always like how you decorate your to do lists :)

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! That is the most painful thing I can ever remember going through. I am so glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you speedy recovery, and hoping that this New Year will bring all you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sorry to learn of your torn hamstring--yikes, that must be so painful! I hope your doctor has approved you for lots of physical therapy when the time is right--so you can both heal and strengthen! I will say some prayers for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Life gets in the way sometimes and it can't be helped. I'm glad to hear your getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life gets in the way sometimes and it can't be helped. I'm glad to hear your getting better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐