If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, August 16, 2021

August #2



Hello again 
Y’all are so sweet with all the comments on yesterday’s post.  I agree that Cora is lucky or blessed, whatever you like to call it, to be in our family.  She had been in foster care for most of her life.  
But I think we are even more blessed than she is, to get to watch her grow up.  She really is a wonderful little girl.  
She did great at her first day of baby school.  
Here are her 3 day old shoes after 1 day at baby school 

Looks like they were worn by a little girl playing hard all day.  

Supper tonight was stuffed peppers, naked okra and chopped salad.  
I’ve blogged about naked okra before and it’s so good and easy.  In a hot nonstick skillet,  I add about 1/2 T of olive oil and then I add a bag of frozen okra.  I let it cook until okra thaws and starts to brown, then I add some diced onion, salt and pepper and let it cook on medium heat until everything is very brown.  It takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish.  I promise it is not slimy cooked this way.  



Lejmom asked how I drain ground beef.  I use this pasta pot.  I cook the meat all the way through.  Then I add hot water straight from the faucet into the pasta pot and meat.  I rinse the meat several times and drain it through the holes in the lid.  It works great! 



I just looked on Amazon and they still sell my model but of course the price is much higher than it used to be.  
I got mine free but I liked it so much and bought one for daughter several years ago.  She still uses hers often, mostly for pasta.  They are also great for cooking corn on the cob and then just drain off the water through the holes in the lid.  

A kitchen tip - we eat a lot of produce so we have skins and peels and seeds to deal with.  
When I’m preparing produce,   I spread out a grocery bag and put all the cast off parts on it. 
  

When I’m done,  it’s easy to just fold up the bag and dispose of it.  
In the past we tried composting stuff like this.  We followed advice and had a turning composter but our garbage never composted so now we just put it in the trash. 
But you do whatever works for you.  


Blogger has made so many changes.  Today when I edited my blog roll, of all the blogs I try to read,  it changed settings and only shows a few.  
They are still there,  you just have to click on the See All link under the last one.  
I know several of you use my blog to keep up with blogs you like and I hope this works ok for you.  
I’ll got on the desktop computer soon and see if I can fix it but it may be a few days 

And for now,  I don’t have a link for subscribers to sign up.  There are several hoops to just through to set one up and maybe I’ll get around to it soon,  

Have a good week everyone 
❤️ Rhonda 

4 comments:

  1. I have a pot with drain holes in the side of the lid. I have dumped pasta in the dirty sink too many times. I just cannot hold the lid on. Do you have a link for your pot.

    I never put hot faucet water in food since heavy metals are in the water heater and get into food. I put a plate on counter on the side of the sink with the colander in it. I dump the meat and let the grease drain into the plate. Then, I remove the plate, put the colander into the sink and dump microwaved water into the meat twice and let it drain. Then I can scrape the grease into the trash. I guess we all have our methods.

    Kids do manage to get dirty, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, a pasta pot sounds like a wonderful idea. But do I need another pot in my cupboards.

    I usually just throw my scraps into the garden and work them under eventually. Seems to work okay here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner looks so good! I like the way you made your okra. I need to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made your naked okra and oh my, it was so good and easy to make! It may be my new favorite way to eat okra! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐