If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, May 1, 2022

May 1st- organizing a cabinet and things from our walk

Hello everyone 
After church,  I asked a grandson to help me with a corner cabinet in our kitchen.  
It has a narrow door but it’s open all the way back to the corner.  
It will hold lots of stuff but it’s very easy to lose and forget about stuff too.  



I went through all the stuff he pulled out and then made a list to put on that door to help me remember what’s in there 

The cabinets are not full and that’s fine with me.  
I’m guessing some of y’all would like a JJ to help you with some hard to reach places too 😊

Later in the afternoon, I went for a walk and the two grandsons rode their bikes.
This business that is closed on weekends has a great parking lot for bike riding. The boys look a lot farther off in this picture than they really are.
 But it is a good size area that they can make loops on and you have to go up and down the entranceway.
They both burned off lots of silliness during our exercise outing. 
This is in the yard in a house several blocks from our house. I think the plant is called clematis and it blooms every spring. 
The first year it bloomed, I thought it was  silk flowers as I had never seen a real lavender flower  blooming like this.
In case you’re wondering, the side of this house faces the west. 

   

We stopped at the little free library in our neighborhood. We know the teacher that runs it and it is OK to take whichever books we want.
I’ve been reading the Benjamin Franklin book to two of the boys. I read the Paul Revere book and have started the book about John Hancock.
 They may be intended for children but they have lots of good history in them.


In our yard, several rhododendron bushes are in full bloom, above.
Below is a peony bush that will be blooming any day.


Terri
We had a heavy rain a few nights ago and it washed away almost all of the flowers on the bleeding heart plant.
 So it may have lasted more than a week, but not much more.
 They are very pretty plants though.


Happy May Day to everyone 
❤️ Rhonda 

5 comments:

  1. Happy May Day!

    Brilliant idea to make a list for that cabinet! I have a cabinet over the refrigerator that needs a list too!

    Your flowers are beautiful. Those peonies will be popping any day now.

    Also just saw the previous post with the blueberry muffins. I like the idea of a streusel topping.

    Sorry about the grandson and tooth. What do they do for it? Will he get a cap over it? Hope your husband's procedure was successful...

    Semper Fi--Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. After moving to our current house, we had the cabinet shop (who had built our cabinets it turns out) build pull outs for several of our deep cabinets so I could easily reach and know what was back there! Love them and they were less expensive than ordering online. Also built a half width one for my larger cabinet used for pantry to put my Kitchen Aid mixer on - so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My peonies are just up out of the ground several inches - it's been a slow spring for blooming things here. The way the wind has been the past few weeks, I feel like I should stake them with a cage like you have. They sometimes get beat up before we have a chance to enjoy them.

    I have a corner cupboard like yours. I feel like I should just empty it out and donate the contents since I have no clue what's in there. Obviously none of it is being used! The list on the cupboard door is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do need a JJ, and did at my house. I really ought to get a clematis, a pink one. Kids eat well and sleep well after good exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My clematis is just leafing out - so pretty in bloom. The peonies here won't bloom till the end of the month.
    Boy you are way ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐