If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Plans and Goals for 2014

My plans and goals for 2014, in no particular order at all though I did try to group them by topics

Keep records in homekeeping notebook and put a copy of my goals in the front of it  to remind me

Menu plan a week ahead and try at least 2 new recipes each month. I've already tried 1, Lena's soup

Sew at least 6 quilts with stuff in the craft room- I will need to buy batting and am wondering if I should buy a giant roll or would it be nuisance to work with and store.  Any advice from anyone who has ever bought a whole roll of batting? 

Quilt # 1 in progress in photo at bottom


Cricut- follow the challenge blog and do at least one challenge a month

Pinterest,  like Tammy plans to, DO at least one Pin every week, especially when I find pins that the grands would like to do,  get the stuff ready before they get here. 

As in 2014, clean out every drawer, cabinet and closet in this house at least once.  Less is More :) 

Make some  gifts.  look on Pinterest of course!

Health wise- eat more fruit, aim for 2 fresh fruits a day, I buy lots of fruit and serve it to my husband and grands but I don't eat as much of it as I should

Walk at least 5 out of 7 days -aim for 10000 steps

Bible study every day - I mostly read and do 2 or 3 devotion series on the YouVersion Bible App
Swagbucks everyday -make goal #1 everyday and shoot for goal #2 on days when Swags has many quick earners.
take time every week to watch one old movie or TV show 1962 or older - just because I like them. 

Make baked treats for husband's work once a month

Now that we have a gas stove,  get out the cast iron skillets and try cooking with them. 
blog 15 times a month

Financial goals-
I have 3 very specific goals but decided to not list them here. I have them in my notebook but for privacy and because we all have different incomes and expenses, I just don't feel confortable listing them,  

Stay with our budget and there should be more than enough to accomplish these goals and increase our savings.


There are several financial choices we have made that lower our costs for watching TV without a cable bill, low cost cell phones, easy way to buy gasoline and keep track of that expense and using the envelope system of groceries and personal spending  I will be sharing these in future January posts. 


I thought this might be a 14 in 2014 list but it ended up a bit longer.  
and No,  I probably wont accomplish all of them but I like lists and plans and having ideas in written form helps keep me on track.  
Hopefully I will get lots done. 

Do you make goals or do you call them resolutions or do you just wing it?

21 comments:

  1. Your goals are all wonderful and very close to mine! This year i'm focusing on spending more time with the girls, well more *quality* time... as i'm always with them anyways! I'd love to add $5K to our TFSA again (which is a big amount for us) and i'm reading through my Bible in a year as well! :) Then other smaller "monthly" goals... this month is all about saving money though. Next month will be a decluttering challenge month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, your goals are good ones, I like the quality time one especially.
      You inspire me!

      Delete
  2. Those goals are good ones! My main goal is restricting my iPad usage. It is so handy to use and enjoy, but a time-waster for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, iPads are so easy to have wherever you are. They certainly can waste lots of time if we aren't careful.

      Delete
  3. Forgot one: more physical activity. Walking is a daily goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts will surely be awesome, I can see that now! I've also been wanting to make some hand-sewn presents because they are cheaper and more meaningful; thanks for the Pinterest reminder :-)

    May you have a joyful and productive year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia, so glad you comment as it led me to visit your sewing blog. That poem is so sweet.

      Delete
  5. Very ambitious and fun! And it doesn't matter if you do it all....just inspiring yourself is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I feel like I really did something after I made the list. It should really feel good when I accomplish some of them.

      Delete
  6. I set monthly goals and ifone does not happen I carry it over. I do buy my batting in a roll at a time, it not only saves 15% it also means that I cut the exact size that I need so no waste.Once I run out I wait until I have 2 or 3 quilts pieced and then get a new roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, across the pond :)
      Thank you for the advice.

      Delete
  7. I make goals and lists....then just wing it. Someone is always messing with my well laid out plans. LOL.

    I recommend you buy the roll. It is a bigger savings, and like Pam said no waste. Mine is in our bigger than we need closet, so at least it is out of the way. I do not know if I would honestly buy one if we didn't have the big closet to store it.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Jilly. Even though I have a craft room, I am not sure it there is room for that whole roll.
      Your photos of sunny California sure made me wish I was there right now. It was 5 degrees when we woke up, but us supposed to heat up to 40' woohoo!

      Delete
  8. Great golas, looking forward to following along. I have a rough draft going on mine but it seems like a whole heck of a lot!! Need to work the list down a little. I buy my batting in the package when its on sale, I just don't know if I could handle laying out a quilt with a big roll on my own or not. The leftovers I use for additional projects the bigger pieces I sew together to use on lap quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always bought it in bags too and use the scraps for small projects. In fact the last small project, the little doll quilt for Andie, I had to piece the batting scraps because I had used all my scraps,
      I like the idea of a while roll, but storing it and cutting from it are holding mr back.

      Delete
  9. Great goals! I have some similar goals. Doing a big purge is on the top of the list. You are right that less is more! I also have some financial goals. We have a big vacation to the beach with extended family and then save, save, save is a big goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purging, yes! I cleaned out 4 drawers yesterday. Where does all this stuff come from?
      A trip to the beach sound fun, I will reading your blog as you work on that goal.

      Delete
  10. I need to make a notebook like you did, to keep focus on my goals. I also need to figure out a routine that works to work on my goals, get my Swagbucks done, and spend quality time with the boys. Can I make one of my goals to be 20 years younger? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I wing it...
    As to that quilt batting question the last time I bought batting I bought Warm and Natural cotton batting when it was on sale at JoAnn Fabrics months ago. I bought queen size, as I'd done the year prior. while I was not making any quilts that large, I had plenty on hand ..for a couch quilt, table runners, quilted pillows, etc. It's really nice to quilt through, too. I'll stick with it ( the cotton ) over polyester going foward now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goals are great to set up even if you don't meet them. The best part is at least you have started to work towards them. My biggest goal is to finish de cluttering the house. I have taken so much out of here already, but there is still plenty to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt you are working on is pretty. If you have the room to store go with the roll. Nice list for 2014. I hope to decrapify a lot this year--inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐