If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, May 14, 2020

May news #6 - home things and books

Hello!
I’m here, just haven’t felt like I had any news to blog.  It’s been a quiet week. My husband had physical therapy twice and I’ve been home.  We’ve both been reading lots on Kindles.  

Last month I showed y’all the mess when I emptied out some kitchen cabinets.  
here
I did get it all put in a much better way, with less stuff and I’m happy with it.  But this is the only cabinet that got new shelf paper.  I ordered some on grocery pickup and it’s very pretty but I’m not fond of it’s  quality at all.  

Below is the baking cabinet and I’m very happy with how easy it is to get just what I need when I’m cooking. 


In the corner is my Kitchenaid mixer bought in 1988 I think.  It’s been used so much and still works perfectly.  



More masks - this style is what my family members like best.  I’ve been adding wire to the nose area and it really helps with fit
A very sweet blog reader in Waco offered to mail me some elastic and I came this week so I’ll be finishing more masks soon.  Thank you so much Stacy!  I mailed you a card yesterday.  


Our dog Ducky loves to chew so I ordered him a Super Chewer Barkbox.  He was very happy with the food products they sent  but he doesn’t like the toys one bit.  Barkbox offers satisfaction guaranteed so I messaged them and that very day they answered and shipped out smaller toys for Ducky.  
So hopefully he will like the smaller toys.  
The Barkbox toys are great and look to me like they will stand up to very aggressive chewing.  



Ducky is going to pass these toys on to his “cousin” dog Murray who lives in Georgia.
Murray is bigger than Ducky, and getting bigger as he’s still a puppy.   
Isn’t Murray a cutie too?  His Mom Megan took this photo 




Remember when I shared the cinnamon rolls our son baked 
here
His sister bakes cinnamon rolls too.  She made several double batches and delivered them with baking instructions for Teacher Appreciation gifts and Mothers Day gifts. 
And they were delicious!
The Recipe  she used 
here.  It’s a great recipe and  she used regular butter frosting, not cream cheese as a family preference 












One of the books I’ve read, and it’s about a pandemic but I really enjoyed it and recommend it.
I ordered mine from Thriftbooks.com but I sure it’s available other places, maybe even the library if they ever open back up.  


 I’m also reading this series 
It’s a very long but interesting series.  








So,  I’m really enjoying reading but I’m not getting a lot else done.  
But during this situation, I think it’s OK.  


Hope you all are fine
❤️Rhonda 

21 comments:

  1. Poor Duckie! He looks so disappointed. Those cinnamon rolls look wonderful. Lucky teachers!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn’t he look pitiful? He seems to be saying ‘please remove those toys from my personal space”

      Delete
  2. Found Before this is Over at my library. Will be checking out. I am always on the lookout for a great book as doing lots of reading these days. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤️ I hope you like the book

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's good to give ourselves more of a rest and not get a lot done! I have some days where I get a lot of things done and other days where I do the basic housework and that's about it. And it's all good. Your pup is so cute. I hope he likes his new, smaller toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, that’s good you know you’re having some quiet days too. What are the rules for a pandemic anyway?

      Delete
  4. I have been so craving cinnamon rolls, now I want to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to bake some, that recipe is a very good one

      Delete
  5. I love the hummingbird one and the patriotic mask. Tommy laughed at him sleeping on his pig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m glad Murray gave you a laugh. That stuffed pig is a really big stuffed toy as Murray weighs about 60 pounds now

      Delete
  6. Great baking cabinet! I have been doing things like that, too! How did the other cabinets turn out??

    Appreciate the book suggestions---will check them out.

    So glad to see your post today...even if you feel you have "nothing" to say---you do!!!

    Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you. The other cabinets are cleaned out but are waiting for new shelf paper.

      Delete
  7. Oh my that book sounds so good. I'm going to read it. That is such a neat idea for the cinnamon rolls. Very nicely packaged too!
    Do you have a link for making your masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many many mask tutorials out there.
      This one is like what I’m making now and what my family prefers

      https://wholefully.com/fabric-face-mask-donate/

      Delete
  8. I hope you will do an update after Ducky's new toys arrive. I have looked at Barkbox for Toby who is also an aggressive chewer. Sadie does not know quite what to do with toys just yet.

    Thank you for the book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I will post how the new box is. The barkbox super chewer toys are very durable and hopefully the smaller ones will work for Ducky.

      Delete
  9. I love your baking cabinet! Mine started out nice, but is a huge mess now and needs to be organized. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When you really cook, things get out of whack.
      You’re such a prolific baker, I imagine you baking in a big, chef type kitchen.

      Delete
  10. Those cinnamon rolls look divine! Does she have a recipe she can share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara, the rolls were so good and there is a link to her recipe in this post, it’s the word Here in red right above the photo

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐