I've been cleaning out a closet and got rid of several tablecloths that didn't fit our table but I kept 3 sort of vintage thrifted tablecloths even though they didn't fit our table either. I thought about cutting them down into dish towel size but I am not really in need of more dish towels right now.
Then my son mentioned he wanted more cloth napkins. So yesterday, I cut the 3 tablecloths into napkin size and finished off any edges that needed it.
I left the sewn edges in tact so some of the new napkins only needed 2 or 3 sides finished off with narrow hems. I first ironed them and then machine stitched. They were a quick project,
It was the biggest of the 3. It had a repeating design of this big fruit bowl so I tried to center one on each napkin.
I don't know if my son will think these are cool or hokey. But if he doesn't like them, we will use them.
My other sewing project used 3 little flannel blankets from the thrift store. They were really too tiny to swaddle a baby but I bought them because the fabric looked brand new and the color is fairly gender neutral.
I cut them into rectangles and rounded the corners, then sewed them up into burp cloths.
4 of them are a good size for a burp cloth but the 5th one is pieced from the scraps and is a bit small. But maybe it will be used by an older sibling on a baby doll when the new babies arrive.
My craft room has no shortage of supplies to continue with similar sewing projects. Hopefully I'll get more done soon!