If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

New to do list and new stove

Hello everyone
It’s Tuesday but it feels like Monday so I wrote out a new to do list
It’s not real long as this isn’t a normal week but some  things need done 
My husband helped and we got quite a bit done. 
 It’s not checked off but the laundry is also finished and the Christmas decorations are packed away.  
Our decorations were up a long time this year.  


Supper was an easy meal- I used carrots, potatoes and fresh spinach that all were due to be used.  
I baked the chicken and carrots. 

About a month ago,  our bottom oven quit working and then about a week before Christmas, the top oven quit working.  
Also, the controls on the top were looking like they were on their last leg too.  
(Out stove was about 10 years old and looked like a normal stove but it had 2 ovens.  I used it so much,  I think I just wore it out) 

So my husband went stove shopping.  Our local Lowes doesn’t have much in stock but he found one that was on sale.  
It’s a Samsung and so far it is cooking so nice.  
No photos but it baked 3 batches of cookies beautifully.  
It baked 2 batches of muffins when grands were here for a sleepover. 
Chocolate chip muffins and Betty Crocker’s French Puffs 

I’m very thankful to have it.  
My only complaint is the timer sounds a little like the music from the movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind 🙄


❤️Rhonda 






15 comments:

  1. Doesn't a new stove look beautiful? And, it seems they cook so well. Tommy needs a new stove, but I struggle to get things done right. If Tommy did not help me, nothing would get done. The muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would miss my second oven and I definitely am not looking forward to replacing any of the appliances (pushing 7 yrs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! My washer has that same music when the load is done. It's a happy sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The muffins and puffs look delicious. So when you use the timer on the oven, you are being warned that aliens are coming for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah on the new stove!!! I hate to imagine being without one. Looks like you're baking to baking and cooking w/o a glitch. :-D --Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stove! I hope it serves you well. I've been working on taking down my Christmas decorations, too. Am always tired of looking at them once Christmas is over. I like starting the New Year with a clean, uncluttered look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appliances seem to know when they are needed most and quite just at that time! Lovely new stove. I haven't made those french puffs in ages! I'll have to dig out the recipe and make them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awful to lose your stove right at Christmastime! The new one looks so nice. I have to tell you a story. In 1976, my husband and I and our 2 very young children moved to Nebraska. We lived, for a while, in a farm house that we rented. We did not have a stove of our own and there was not one in the house. I was using a two-burner hot plate to cook for us. One day, we went to a Sears catalog store to order something he needed. We were quite poor at the time. In the store, on display, was this amazing kitchen range. It was on sale. I was looking at it, and a lady working there came up to ask if she could help me. I told her my cooking situation at home. She asked, "Don't you ever complain?" I thought that was silly. I knew we didn't have any money for a stove. Well, my dear husband saw me looking at it, although we always stayed out of debt, he got a Sears credit card and bought the stove for me on the spot. Then that summer I grew a good garden and started canning for the first time. I canned 90 quarts of green beans, lots of pickles and tomatoes and even some peaches. Through the years, the only thing we ever went in debt for was a kitchen appliance. My sweetheart has always wanted me to have the tools I need. He's a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stove. Enjoy it in good health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is a very nice stove. My oven went just after Christmas (thank heavens for the toaster oven). But it seems to be working now. Very much computerized so we unplugged it and waited awhile before plugging it in once again. Seemed to do the trick.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good tip! I’ll remember it as this new stove is very electronic

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐