For about a week now, I've been working over our "office" that is mostly my craft room. I did not take any before pictures, it was just starting to look like a junk room with nothing hanging on the walls. This room was Nina's bedroom and I don't think it ever got decorated after she moved out almost 5 years ago.
All the furniture pieces I had to work with were good. The room just needed some cleaning and organizing, as well as some color coordination and things to put on the walls.
I looked through what I had and ended up reusing some window treatments, thrift store fabric, and a bunch of frames from my craft closet. Apparently I never get rid of frames and I have a lot that came from yard sales for 25 cents or so.
The only new expense for this room was 2 cans of black spray paint. It was used on a wood chair, piano stool, several frames and a bulletin board.
|Before - just an average office-type chair|
|I did a search for tutorials to recover office chairs and make slipcovers|
|the pieces pinned on and the sewing line marked with a pen with disappearing ink.|
|I guess I could stay busy with this fabric stash and all these magazines and books for a long time!|
|this toile valance used to be in the dining room.|
I like this new room very much and I think I will do lots of crafting and sewing in here.
|My chair has arms - so to cover them, I cut out an oval shape, sewed bias tape around the edge and used that as a casing for elastic. I just pulled up the elastic to get a snug fit, then tied it in a knot and hid the ends under the cover.|