If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, December 14, 2015

This month

Hello everyone.  
I thought you all might like to see our Seven.  We were all together for lunch yesterday to celebrate my mother in law's 80th birthday.  
Life is good here, to say the least.  


One family group photo from the birthday party - it was at the clubhouse of our aunt's retirement home and was a very nice setting for a gathering. 
In the photo are my in laws, my husband and me, our 7 adult children&spouses and the 7 grands.  


My to do list and manicure from last week.....I haven't made my list for this week yet. 
The nails are Impress press on nails, with a sticker type adhesive and I really like them. 


My brother's tradition is to make fresh wreaths for us- here is this year's.  He decorates them different each year and they are always so nice. 

One of the pleasures of retirement- Grandpa and the grandchildren sharing lots of time together.  

CVS
I didn't go last week but I went yesterday. 
I used 4 $2 Tide coupons that were in a Sunday paper a few weeks ago and a $5 ECB. 
4 Tide detergent pod packs were $2.76 and I got back $5 ECB.  


Days are busy here and we have yet to find a routine with husband being retired but I think that will be happen after all the busyness of December.  

Would you all believe I have not bought or wrapped a single gift nor have I rounded up any stocking stuffers? And it takes a lot of stuffers for the 20 or so stockings that will here.  

So, this will be last blog post for 2015.  I hope to keep reading blogs and I plan to be back blogging in January.  

Merry Christmas everyone !

20 comments:

  1. Such a sweet looking family! I am in the same boat with gifts. Well, almost. I did go out this morning to pick up a couple of things. Heart surgery at Christmas time has sure thrown a wrench into things!

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi, I have thought of you so often. I'm sending prayers for your healing and strength rebuilding. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. What an adorable bunch of grandchildren. Christmas must be fun around your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. Yes, Christmas and anytime the grands are around is fun. They keep us in our toes but they are fun!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful grandchildren! Family time is so precious. You'll get into the swing of retirement after everything settles down. We are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. We are already loving retirement and expect to just be liking it even more as we find our niche.m

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! Such cute grandchildren! Glad that you are able to make happy memories and special celebrations.
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, we think all the grands are cute too. Merry Christmas and happy 2016 to you too.

      Delete
  5. Such a good picture of everyone...it's great that you have so much time for the grandkids! They will always remember. You make me feel so much better about being behind with everything. I know you will get it done. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, yes, I still feel behind but we have got a lot of things done. The gifts are pretty much done, menus planned and schedules coordinated. This week will include the baking and a little cleaning.
      I'm afraid cards are not going to get mailed out this year though ......

      Delete
  6. Have a wonderful Christmas, enjoy those precious babies of yours! Thank you for all your posts, I have learned so much. I'm still in awh with those crock pot refried beans, Rhonda's beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, you are so sweet. I am glad your family enjoys the refried beans too. We only have one container in th freezer so I will be cooking another big batch soon.
      This blog helps me remember recipes and events too- I read an old post about when we had a family dinner and the 2 oldest grands were amazed at how big some of the adults made their taco salads. The children described the salads as volcanos. I had forgot about it and it was so sweet to read and remember :)

      Delete
  7. Your grandchildren are just beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas with them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne- I hope we do have a wonderful time and I hope you also get to see your family this season,

      Delete
  8. You have a beautiful family! I wish you the happiest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, Merry Christmas to you too.m

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you're having a wonderful season. May God bless you!
    Please drop by and say hello!

    Have a cheerful Christmas season!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, this is a fun and special season, isn't it?
      I will be dropping by your blog often for visits :)

      Delete
  10. Perfect bunch. I'm so glad you were all able to be together. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valarie, that birthday party was short notice and I was amazed we could all get it to work with our schedules.
      Merry Christmas to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐