If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, June 19, 2017

New wreath and this week's to do list

Now that my craft room is organized,  I knew what I had and decided to make a wreath for our front door.  People have been making these fluffy wreaths for years.  You just need a wreath form  and fabric squares.


Actually, you will need lots and lots fabric squares.
More than in this photo, I had to cut more.  Mine are 4 inch squares.  They do not have to be perfect and if some are really crooked or too small, they will still work.





I used an old foam wreath. 
You also need a "poker" I used a plastic paint brush end but knitting needles or a screwdriver would work too. 







Put the fabric square around the poker and dip into a little glue,  then poke the fabric in the form, about a 1/4 inch deep.
The glue is optional.  But I live in windy Oklahoma, so I wanted to add a little support.






Then just fill in the wreath, front and sides with  fabric squares.  




 Close up and I did put fabric on the back of mine as our front door has a window.  I didn't want to look at the bare back of the styrofoam wreath.
And here is my new to do list for this week and my press on nail manicure.  Impress is my favorite brand. 

Have a good week everyone ❤️

13 comments:

  1. I love the idea, will I ever get to it? I still have my Easter decorations up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty wreath! I started one of those years ago, got about 3/4 way thru' it, pressed too hard, & broke it! Waaaaa....

    Your nails look great! So bright and summery. Do you press on the whole nail or just the color? I'd love to find one with just the color that is cheap. I paint my nails every Sat. night, but it'd be nice to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'm a new reader and I love your blog, visit me at www.simpleinbigcity.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath! I remember making something similar years ago and had forgotten all about it. That would be the perfect project to use up material scraps or recycle old clothing that has some rips or stains. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath.....might work on one over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is so pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial..I love the wreath! I'm sitting her thinking I have blue, there is some red, and yeah I have white. I just need to get the foam wreath. I can do this. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the wreath. So pretty and patriotic!
    I used to make those with straws wreaths as a base. Like the idea of adding glue. May have to try making one again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking wreath! I salute you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wreath is pretty! I'm searching Pinterest tonight for easy patriotic wreath ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐