If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Puzzle day and Friday night pizza

Hello - first I want to thank everyone for the sweet comments on yesterday’s post,  which I somehow posted twice.  But I don’t want to delete the duplicate post as both have comments from different visitors.  But I guess we all understand internet goof ups, right?  I’m pretty sure the error was my fault though and not Blogger’s though.  

I think homemaking blog readers are some of the sweetest people on the internet and I’m happy to of met so many of you through blogging. 


Today, November 3, is National Puzzle Day in the UK.  I’m a long way from England but I’m celebrating their holiday. 
I usually work puzzles with less than 500 pieces but I decided  to try a 1000 piece puzzle from a yard sale.  
Oh my- it has so many pieces!  It took me a couple hours to turn over and sort all the pieces and work the border.  





When our children were at home. Friday night was most always homemade pizza night.  I usually made 4 pizzas and leftovers were rare.
It was just my husband and I last night so I made just one pizza.

I mix up a half portion of this dough in the bread machine.

pizza or calzone dough recipe 
My husband diced up the veggies.  

He likes pepperoni and green olives on his and we both like jalapeños and onions so I put on the toppings to suit us.


No baked pizza photo but it was very good!  

Have a good weekend everyone ❤️

10 comments:

  1. love your blog. here is a link for a delish coffeecake you may want to try. have a good weekend
    https://bakeatmidnite.com/copycat-entenmanns-crumb-cake/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend a Friday night. We are having French bread pizza tonight.
    Enjoy your weelend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about putting jalapeños on our homemade pizza. Will be doing it next time though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Friday night pizza. We use to make pizza and watch a movie each Friday. We became burnt out on pizza and I have scaled back on how often it is made. I'll have to see if they are ready to start the tradition again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog readers are just the best! Jigsaw puzzles are just the best. We love them especially when we are housebound in the winter. I bought Hubby this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XPVLZZ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 He has not attempted it yet.

    Your pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pizza and puzzle working sounds like a great time. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade pizza is so yummy! But my tummy can't handle spicy things like pepperoni and jalapenos anymore. I even have to be careful with the onions. *sigh* You are very patient for doing that 1000 piece puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love homemade pizza. But I want to try your recipe for the dough with the corn meal in it. It is just my husband and I now also. So I just make one pizza too. Yours looks yummy. Because of his neropathy we do buy the pepperoni without nitrates in it. Thought about canning my own pizza sauce, but so far have not done it. I use to do puzzles too as they were calming-going to have to get back to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely time and a yummy one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your son. You have worked hard. Enjoy every minute of relaxing. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐