If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Sewing for kids and crafting with kids

When our grands spend the night here,  they prefer to sleep in the living room.  
I finally got around to sewing up a couple of pillow beds for them.  
I used this tutorial 
cozy pillow bed  and it is clear and easy to follow.  

I used 2 flat twin size sheets that were in my sewing supplies- that made it go even faster as I used the finished sheet edges and didn’t have many raw edges to finish.  These 2 grands really like them! 

I had 7 older pillows and my daughter passed on 5 more pillows.  I plan on making a 3rd pillow bed, and will use a sheet for it too.  

If I was buying new pillows,  I would be sure to buy washable pillows- because kids are kids.   I’ve had pretty good success machine washing and drying regular pillows too.  


The sheet on the right is a vintage Holly Hobby one that I found at a thrift store years ago.  I think it’s so sweet. 
It feels good to do an easy and useful project without spending money or going to the store.  



Elizabeth got this lava lamp lip gloss kit for Christmas and we made them this afternoon. 
The kit had everything included except paper towels to clean up drips.  The instructions were clear and not complicated.  

The kids had fun making them but they don’t exactly look as great as the ones on the box.  
The lip gloss is liquid as it’s just mineral oil with a little flavoring and coloring added to it.  


It was a fun time but I don’t recommend this craft.  

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the pillow beds! It looks like they were happy even though the craft didn't turn out as well. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pillow beds are so cute. I am going to make one for my granddaughter. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are great idea! I plan to make 3 of these before "Marmee and Papa camp" this summer. Thank you for sharing!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made myself a couple of those pillow beds... to use as floor seating while watching TV. (Got divorced and I was a bit shy on furniture for a while...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved Holly Hobbie as a little girl. Had a doll, made a shadow box, think I even had a wallpaper border. Love the sheets and they look fresh and new in their new role as a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was as crafty as you are! I love the pillow beds and seeing Holly Hobbie made me smile....Back in the 70's I had a whole set for my bedroom and let me tell you, I LOVED it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a great job you did on the beds! I've seen those around and they always look so neat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐