If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, March 2, 2019

February recap

Hello,  thank you to all who left sweet welcome back comments.  
February went by in a blur.  That crazy cold I got in January continued to hang around for a good portion of the February.
Grandchildren were sick at different times with Flu A, strep, ear infections. 
My dad fell on an icy sidewalk and gave us all a very big scare but thankfully his injuries were not too bad. 
My wisdom teeth are gone and that was actually one of the easier medical things - afterward I had zero pain, bleeding and swelling.  I’m still amazed it was so easy.  

I have lots of crafts supplies, including a storage tub of plastic canvas yarn.  I pulled out a gallon bag of yarn scraps from that tub and started making coasters.  I loosely followed some online patterns and have really had fun making them,  it’s just a relaxing sewing with not too much concentration required.  I plan to make more as I still have so much yarn.  


Fabric sewing in February was mostly doll clothes.  
I made wrap skirts and t shirts for 3 American Girl type dolls.  
The 3 dollies also got nightgowns,  
I used free printable patterns found on Pinterest for all the clothes.  
For the 3 shirts,  I used 1 pair of girls white leggings bought on clearance for $1.  


And I made potholders with some 1970s looking fabric.  






Our bargain of the month was at a big grocery store in Oklahoma City called Crest.  
We like to have sausage and eggs for breakfast.  Good breakfast sausage is normally close to $4 a roll.  
This sale was so good,  we bought 30 rolls and they will stay in our upright freezer as we use them over the next 6 months or so.  

After a several month break,  I’ve started coupon shopping at CVS again.  I’ll post the new deals as I do them.  


This was at Andie’s birthday party last night. 
The restaurant serves chocolate piñatas and it was a very fun experience, especially for the 9 children attending.  






On the publishing app I’m using, I’m not sure the video is going to show up when I push publish.  If it doesn’t include,  I’ll try to figure out a plan B.  
The piñata was quite fun.  I was disappointed the chocolate part seemed to be a very low quality Chocolate.  My daughter likes to make fancy desserts and she is planning to make a version at home for a future party.  
But regardless of what I thought of that chocolate,  there was no dessert left after 9 children and 9 adults all ate.  So it tasted AOK to the rest of the guests. 

Hope you all have a good rest of your weekend 
❤️ 
And thank you for visiting today 














26 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crafting kind of month. Good for you. What a deal on the sausage.
    Glad to see you and know you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, I cooked a roll of that sausage yesterday when 2 grandsons were here and then we had the 3 leftover pieces for breakfast today. I’m very thankful for that good deal.

      Delete
  2. All your crafts are so pretty! What beautiful work!

    I'm so glad your wisdom teeth removal went off without a hitch. I had no swelling, but boy, did I have pain!!! Very glad you avoided all of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think your wisdom teeth situation is more usual than mine was. I’m quite glad it’s over with.

      Delete
  3. It was certainly a blessing to get JC Potter sausage at a great price. I grew up 18 miles from the original plant--I ate that stuff every morning with my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn, it really is good sausage. But I don’t think I’ll cook it every morning.
      My grandmother made biscuits, gravy and fried beef steak most every morning.

      Delete
  4. Those coasters are so pretty! I have a book to teach one to do this kind of work, but I've never tried it. Maybe I should since I have lots of yarn scraps as well. And, you know how much I like making doll clothes! Do you have dolls of your own? Isn't it nice to find patterns online for free! I've used several from online. I need to start making new doll clothes for spring...if it ever gets here! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Plastic canvas is a great craft and you won’t have any trouble figuring out how to do it. If you’ve done cross stitch or needlepoint, plastic canvas is just a simpler version of it.
      I have some of my childhood dolls. And I bought a used generic American Girl doll to as a mannequin when I sew clothes for them,
      I am thrilled to find free online patterns!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I'm almost to the point of needing to sew doll clothes. Layla still likes her dolls mostly naked. We picked up a bag full of Barbie dolls at Goodwill last week, and one had a very pretty gown. She's leaving that doll clothed for now. Poor Ken came with pants, but no shirt, and it's cold here. LOL. I tried to find those free patterns on Pinterest for Ken clothes, but no luck so far. I do look forward to making outfits for the larger dolls when Layla gets a little older. I love the bunny nightgown that you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy.
      We don’t have any Ken dolls here so i haven’t looked for patterns but there are oodles of free Barbie patterns on Pinterest. Taking all the Barbie clothes is one of my pet peeves. Andie and Elizabeth know not to leave them undressed but our Charlie is a wild child.
      Elizabeth really likes the My Life and American Girl dolls. I’m cant tell much difference in the big price AG dolls and the lower price Walmart ones either.
      At home, Andie likes LOL surprise dolls but I’m not sewing clothes for those tiny things.
      The bunny nightgown is from a fat quarter from Walmart, this years Easter stuff. I like it too.

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a productive month you've had, in spite of medical issues! I love the pinata idea and great deal on the sausage. Great to see you back in Blogland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you and so nice to hear from you Mrs. Chrissy ❤️

      Delete
  8. What a neat idea for a birthday cake. Looks like it was a lot of fun. I love all the sewing you did too! We have run into that sickness around too around here. I'm glad you all are getting better (your Dad too).
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie. The piñata was great fun!
      Another grand came down with strep yesterday - I’m wondering if these winter bugs will ever stop........

      Delete
  9. Glad to see you back...Was the birthday piñata filled with fruit? It looked as though it might have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. It feels good to be getting back to usual things.
      Inside the piñata was strawberries, blackberries and bite size churros. The tray had some fruit, lots of banana flavored whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauces.

      Delete
  10. Hi Rhonda, glad to see you made it through all the illnesses in one piece. Maybe y'all got everything over with for the year, and you can be healthy for the rest of 2019!

    The deal on the sausage is awesome! Don't you feel like you've discovered a pot of gold when you come upon something like that? Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope the winter bugs are all over soon too.
      Yes, I do feel like great bargains like the sausage are like a pot of gold. I’m very thankful when I find them.

      Delete
  11. All of your crafts look great! I remember the fabric that you used for your potholders. =)
    The birthday party looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn’t that vintage fabric fun? I used every bit I had and made the 4 reversible pot holders.

      Delete
  12. Love all your projects. I wish I had a granddaughter to sew doll clothes for, that looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, but they take almost as much time as human clothes. The fun part is how excited granddaughter gets over the new doll clothes

      Delete
  13. Everything you sewed is wonderful, but I think I am in Love with that bunny fabric! Thanks for letting us know where you got it. I found a good deal at Aldi's today. Packs of "Little Smoky" type sausages were marked down to $1.00. I got all 11 packages they had. They don't expire until the 21st of this month and we will eat two by then so I put the others in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐