If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, March 11, 2019

Weekend meals

Hello everyone

5 of our grands were here a good part of this weekend so I tried to plan meals ahead. 
At Aldi, I got celery and strawberries.  We all like raw celery with peanut butter, or spreadable cheese or just plain. 
The strawberries were on sale and were so good!  They smelled like ripe berries in the store and at home, I was amazed they were very sweet and flavorful.  See how they are shaped kind of long and pointed? I don’t know if that denotes their variety or what but they were just delicious! 


I got a couple containers of donuts at Aldi as the grands like them for a treat or dessert.
And I almost always keep ready to eat bananas, especially when grands are here.  



We are all fans of orange Jello with lots of mandarin oranges.


Friday night meal was goulash, asparagus and bagged Asian salad.  


Saturday breakfast was eggs, sausage, toast and fruit. 

Saturday lunch was pizzas on Naan bread- decorated by the children.  



Saturday supper was grilled chicken tenderloins and turkey sausage
 homemade macaroni and cheese, fruit and jello 

Sunday breakfast was cinnamon toast, bacon, scrambled eggs and fruit.  The 3 year grandson was so proud that he got to shake the cinnamon sugar on to the bread.  


Thrifty tip 
When I cleaned the celery, I saved the scrappy pieces in a plastic bag.  I added the onion peels from the goulash.    
I labeled them and they will stay in the freezer until th next time I cook a chicken in the crockpot.  



I’ve got some more to post but my blogging app is not happy doing long posts so I’ll add the rest on another post later.

Have a good Monday everyone ❤️

15 comments:

  1. You are such a good grandma! I can't imagine coordinating meals for five kids, but you make it look effortless. Ha! I save all my veggie scraps in a large plastic bag in the freezer, too. I make vegetable stock with it or combine it with chicken bones and make chicken stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely adorable kids!!!!! Glad they get to spend so much time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bunch of kiddos! And what a great job of planning! If I could only be half as organized! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy the time you get to spend with your grands. They are a beautiful and handsome group.
    The meals sound fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking notes of your meals with the grands. When our biggers come from out of state it's crazy-ville here even with a menu plan. The littles live close by and are here often but they are Little (!) so we are hands-on all the time keeping track of them. I'm looking forward to them getting a little older so we can have meals and fun times more like you do. We do have fun now but more baby-fun. They are 2.5, almost 1 and another coming in June. The biggers are 15, 13 (twins) 11 & 8.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your pictures make me hungry! No wonder the grands love to come to Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish I do that grandma routine one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, what a sweet, fun weekend with the grandkids! That'll be something they'll remember all their lives- I sure remember spending time with my grandparents when I was young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures of the grandkids all lined up ready to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I made a crockpot of sloppy joes on Monday and left it for everyone when I went to work. Jess had class last night and we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Well, two of them had chicken strips because they don't like meatloaf. Who are they, anyway? We don't understand kids who don't like meatloaf. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your GRANDS are so sweet!
    I love ALDIs also. Frequent shopper.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grandkids must be like mine...they love to cook and eat strawberries. It looks like they had so much fun. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. The grandkids are getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐