If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Patio plants and CVS shopping

Hello everyone. 
Our backyard plants are just flourishing this year with all the rain fall. 
I grew a few from seed but most are plants bought from the Lowe’s markdown rack bought by my husband or son.  


Our pots are just an assortment, mostly from previous year’s yard sales.  
I looked for pots yesterday but didn’t see any.  
That big orange tub held some sort of an agriculture product and it’s from our son that has cattle.  







 This started out as 3  tiny succulents from Atwood’s.  They were in 2 inch pots when I bought them in April.  
I’ve heard succulents like hot, dry conditions but these have thrived this cool, damp Spring.  








This is a fairy garden I set up for my grandchildren.  They all like it and when they’re not here,  I rearrange it too.
My favorite piece is this little clothes line.  I found it at Dollar Tree.







On to CVS,  the deals are not great this week, but I had $28 in CVS ExtraCareBucks bucks and I like to spend them so I don’t neglect them and let them expire.










I got lots of toilet paper and paper towels.  Also, 1 bag of Tide pods and a makeup brush I wanted.  
After my newspaper coupons and $28 in ExtraCareBucks,  I spent $18.40 and got just $10 back for next week. 
But I’m happy with this deal as we were low on both paper products.


If you are a brand new CVS shopper, I would recommend waiting for better deals in a future week.  

Another money tip is return stuff that has problems and get a refund.  I bought a big bag of Caesar salad at Walmart on Wednesday, thinking it would be an easy side dish while my sister in law and brother in law were here.  
We didn’t eat it then but I got it out to have it with lunch today but it was so brown!  It was dated best by June 7, 
5 days away.  So I returned it this afternoon and got a refund of almost $5.  

Have a good Sunday everyone ❤️


I’m sorry, I had a crazy time doing this post using both the blog app and also trying it on Chrome.  And this is as good as I could get this short post to look and it took 90 minutes 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

6 comments:

  1. All your plants look great. I have all mine planted now...except we still have to decide what to do with our circular garden around a birdbath in the backyard and a memorial garden where we buried our cat, Zippo last Dec. I have given up on buying produce from Walmart except for bananas. Just in the past month or so, I've had to return a pkg of organic mini cucumbers and a bag of organic apples because they were rotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The produce I buy at Walmart is usually OK but we usually eat it pretty fast.
      I prefer to buy it at Sprouts and Aldi but last week, I just wasn't working with enough to free time to shop at multiple stores like I like to

      Delete
  2. Your plants are beautiful. Love the fairy garden.
    Great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fairy garden. Toilet paper has been on my mind and a lot and the high cost of same. I see it isn't that great of a deal there either. Each roll I buy must have at least 253 sheets per (double) roll and I try to buy for about $5.99 maximum. those deals are getting harder to find though occasionally you can get it for $4.99. I see your rolls are supposedly 4 in each one and yet there are only 283 sheets per roll. It is getting harder and harder to find a good deal of toilet paper. I saw someone in Texas bought Kirkland rolls from Costco. Each roll had almost 500 sheets per roll so I think I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mega rolls toilet paper doesn't fit on our toilet paper holder until it gets down to the right size. Any one else with this problem? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they fit on ours OK as ours are both a new style that is kind of like a hook.
      It is amazing how much shorted the rolls are now. I really think they all used to at least an inch longer than they are now.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐