If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 13, 2020

July #5 - cleaned out my purse


Hello everyone 
I took a few photos today so I’ll write a short post 

My husband bought some huge local melons off a trailer in a church parking lot this afternoon 

That’s a 24 ounce cottage cheese tub as a size reference.  I weighed one cantaloupe at 8.07 pounds. My husband thinks the watermelon is 30-40 pounds.  

My purse has been used very little during this virus stuff.  On the rare occasions I have used it while in a store,  I have just dropped the receipt and change in so as not to touch them unnecessarily.  After 3 months or so of neglect,  it did need cleaned out.  
So I dumped everything on the table 



Then I sorted it and threw away the trash 
And put everything back in 

I didn’t put all the change that was in the bottom of my purse back in,  I put it a jar where my husband saves change,  
I’ve heard we’re have a coin shortage in the US but I’m afraid I don’t want to handle coins until this health situation is better 
My purse did feel a lot lighter with all these coins out 





I don’t normally pay attention to fancy vehicles but I saw this ad today and I was so interested.  I have short legs and getting into tall vehicles can be a trick.  
Aren’t the steps on this new model amazing?  

I don’t need a new vehicle and I have zero plans to buy this fancy Lincoln but it sure looks nice.  The car engineers did a great job, I think.
The funny part of the ad is it’s described as affordable,  my guess is the price would be in the $60000 range,  sooo affordable, right? 




Supper was a smoked chicken sandwich, homemade salsa on cottage cheese and air-fried potatoes and carrots.  


❤️Rhonda 














11 comments:

  1. Those are some whopping big cantaloupes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking melons. I don't understand this change shortage - but who am I. LOL
    You could throw all that change in a bowl of scalding soapy water and use a scrubby to clean it.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the melons are amazing, they must taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned out my purse the other day..maybe I should take the coins into the bank since there is a shortage. I might do that today!

    I love those steps too. Some trucks are so high. I used to carry around a small step stool for my Mom when she was having a hard time getting into our van. This would be way easier.

    Have a great Day!


    ReplyDelete
  5. The melons are huge!! My husband would have purchased them, too...the bigger the better! haha

    Loved the purse clean-out.

    You are a day-brightener for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband has a Tundra and it is a challenge for me to get into so that car looks OK to me!
    Do you love your air fryer? I know people that do. Like everyone we try not to eat fried food much anymore so this seems like a great alternative to enjoy some crunch. I don't understand the coin shortage either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you all eat a lot of fresh produce but have/will you freeze any of the cantaloupe?
    John's partner's mom used to make a cantaloupe pie. John raved over it though he doesn't like cantaloupe, but I never did try the recipe. I'm sorry it got lost though because Andy would have loved to have that recipe in her handwriting!
    As for the car...we'll skip the affordable part...How on earth could you find a parking space big enough to open the doors and let down the steps. Those engineers have apparently NOT seen the size of the spaces in most of the Georgia parking lots where even my Toyota Camry is 'too big' and other cars snuggle in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your purse pile looks like mine. We have change jars also, saving up for fun times if we ever get out from under this virus mess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The steps up into the car made me chuckle. I've had to haul myself up into some pickups where I could have used a set of steps!

    Lovely looking melons! Greg's never been much of a fruit-eater, but since his health crisis in April, he's learning to enjoy melons and strawberries. I'm happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny, when my husband had his big Tundra, I kept a fold-up stepstool under the front seat. I had to use it to get up in there, and I was able to reach down and grab it when I got in. It sure came in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We bought a Honda Odyssey because it is so easy to get in and out of....and our son is an engineer for Honda. Those steps are awesome but I would want to know if they are slippery in the rain. We had a Suburban for years and I could only get in and out because it had running boards but in the rain you could seriously slip and get hurt badly. Ask me how I know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐