If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 23, 2020

July #7 - a new recipe, masks and kid stuff

Hello,  sorry about the long break and no new to-do list this week.  We had places to go 3 days this week and knowing I wouldn’t be home much,  I didn’t even make a list.  I’m just doing what I see needs done,  as I have time, and it will all be fine.  

This recipe was in a Taste of Home magazine and it is so good and easy.  I made it for our supper tonight and will definitely make it again.  
I followed the recipe exactly except I added 2 cans of beans and I used homemade chicken broth instead of purchased broth.  



I’ve made more veil style masks as they are our current favorite style-much easier to breath in! 
I did lengthen the pattern so they can be tucked into your shirt 


I also made some veil masks from this mustache fabric from Walmart and they turned out especially cute. 
My husband wore a mustache veil mask for his appointment at the VA hospital and he said almost everyone complimented him for the mask.  Sorry I don’t have a photo of him though.....



We saw our 3 grandchildren that live away this week.  It was a fun day too! 
They have a backyard pool and we spent much of the visit there. 
This swim mask is a very clever design,  It completely covers the nose so the swimmer doesn’t get water up their nose.  

Some of the local grands were here this week and they had fun playing with our grocery stockpile.  
They played grocery store (of course) and even made these signs for the door 

Our neighborhood has a private Facebook group.  Most messages are about lost pets or found items.  People also give away things. 
One neighbor offered a bunch of boy toys.  When no one had responded all day,  I asked about them and was happy to get them all.  
And this is just about 1/3 of them.  
It also included a Calico Critters cabin and treehouse with lots of accessories and cute furniture.  

I don’t usually like having this many toys but since we don’t really go anywhere for entertainment, because of the virus,  the extra toys are very welcome.  
And they were all free! 


That’s the highlights from here
Hope everyone is good
❤️ Rhonda 


6 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend some time with your grands, Rhonda. That veil mask sounds like it is what I need. I think I'll make some up this weekend. I have two reasons for not wearing the conventional masks one because I have badly scarred lungs and fight for every bit of oxygen I can get and the second is because of a trauma I experienced with a hand being held over my mouth. Now anytime something covers my mouth I begin to panic. So these looser masks sound good and I won't get the evil eye anymore. Hah! I think the little will like these better, as they are required to be able to return to the classroom. Poor kids. Every time I come here, you have something wonderful cooking. Your husband must be a happy man!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,

    What a wonderful week! Those toys are amazing and I love signs your grandchildren made for your pantry the "no guns or weapons" made me giggle.

    Stay safe,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, I want you to know that I put rice and beans on my menu for next week because yours look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Grandma's rules" for the grocery store. Layla and I went to the outdoors farm stand yesterday and she made me put on my mask as soon as we got out of the car. She and I were the only ones...

    Calico Critters - the bathroom set we got for the dollhouse is from Calico Critters, and Layla was enchanted by the pictures of all the dolls. I'd forgotten about that - now I think I'll get her some for Christmas.

    Nice score with the free toys! That should keep those grands busy for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one pot recipe looks good; I can't digest red beans though! Food intolerances and gut issues run rampant in my family.

    You are so clever with making those masks - great job!

    Glad to hear you got to visit with your grandchildren.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐