If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, July 31, 2020

July #8 - last day of this month


I’m sure you’ve all had days like the poor woman above 😂  so we will just continue to grin and bear it.  
But never order chocolate from Amazon during an Oklahoma summer as I’m sure it would arrive very melted.  



We’ve had lots of rain this month and some of our plants are loving it 



But others, not so much 




The 5 local grands were here for a play day that turned into a sleepover.  
It was a good opportunity to do our traditional back to school shoe shopping.  I didn’t get photos but all their feet but here are the 8 year old grandson’s

I’m not sure they are practical shoes for a farm boy but he really wanted them and I don’t say no to Old Glory 🇺🇸


Schools are planning to open in late August but who knows how that will go.
  I’m very concerned about my daughter, 2 son in-laws and brother who all work in education as they will be exposed to many students.  
But as I said,  who knows what will happen.  



For their breakfast after the sleepover,  I baked a double batch of Struesel Puffs 
  
➡️Struesel Puffs Recipe ⬅️⬅️link here 
They are a really tasty muffin,  made a bit different from other muffin recipes,  and you probably have all the ingredients on hand to bake them for your family ❤️



We all enjoyed eating the muffins and we dropped off some to one of their mothers and my parents.  (See the rain outside?) 

My husband’s summer garden plants are about done and he brought in a big pile of produce,  so yesterday I froze tomatoes, bell and poblano peppers,  and canned jalapeños.  



We have ate lots of fresh salsa this summer.  We like cilantro in our salsa but it seems to go slimy in our fridge.  
I tried this dried cilantro and we like it just fine- it’s much milder but still adds the cilantro flavor- and it’s much easier 












Above is this week’s to do list - yes,  I’ve done some of it but that is marked off on the paper copy 
It is a shorter list than usual.  


Today is cooler and the ground is mushy from rain,  so I’m planning on working in the front flower beds this morning,  
I’ll try to take before and after photos as I hope it will look a lot different 


Have a great Friday everyone 
❤️Rhonda 



















13 comments:

  1. I was having that day BEFORE this crazy year started! lol. I love the Fiesta brand of seasonings--I buy my annato seeds from them. The streusel puffs looks good--what recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for the puff recipe but could not find it. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Evelyn, the recipe link is under the muffin photo.

    Parsimony- glad you found the recipe too

    ReplyDelete
  4. what darlings kids those are. I LOVE the tennis shoes!!!!
    Sounds like a good time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reading/commenting on my blog!!!

    Yes, we too are done with the sports, where they do protesting. I am happy with Islanders Hockey. As I said, the way they stood, for both our National Anthem and the Canadian one, was a JOY.

    You began your post, with a fantastic Meme or whatever those things are called! ~chuckle~

    Love the Old Glory sneakers!!!!!

    As to schools here, I have not heard the *Decree* yet. Our *Emperor* (Gov. Cuomo of NYS) is supposed to *Decree* his decision, today though. 'Grands' are in college and HS. Youngest is home schooled.

    I fear that if the Dem. Liberals get elected in Nov., home schooling will be outlawed. ~sigh~

    Oh your food!!!! ~sigh~ Yummmm

    Thank you again, for stopping by my blog.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like that woman some days.
    Those puffs look so good! I will definitely be making them . I make the chow mein recipe every few weeks, and we love your enchilada sauce recipe too. Will see if I can find the cilantro.
    What cute kids! I'm a bit concerned about school starting. My son will start his senior year of college, and we will have 40000 students coming back to our communities. A recipe for disaster?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those muffins look delicious!

    We also love cilantro. I've found that it lasts a lot longer when I line my produce drawers with paper towel. I've read about wrapping certain produce in p/t to keep them fresh longer, but I decided to just line the drawers and they've worked so well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that school shopping..what cool shoes. The muffins just look delicious! I'm glad the love was spread around.
    You have a good looking bunch of grands..so happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful grandchildren!

    I , too, have read that many of the NBA teams have all been "taking a knee". Total disrespect for our flag, veterans, and country. so sad...

    The shoes are great. Good job, Grandma :)

    I might try the puffs--they look good!

    Thanks for another great post...some days I relate to the woman at the top...what day is it?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same thing this week, ordered chocolate from Amazon and it came all melted. LOL It firmed back up, but was still a mess.

    Your succulents are so pretty. I used to have one that would sit under the downspout from our gutter and it got so big there. They are just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. School starts next week for our children. Josh goes back on Thursday and Taylor is supposed to start this coming week as well.

    I have a suspicion our state is closed again but am not sure. It's got so my head spins with so many changes all of the time! I figure we'll do as we've been doing: mostly staying home and only going out when several things are needed, the one advantage to living in a rural place! Our life hasn't changed that much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terri, the local university starts this month with lots of changes but 30000 students are going to do what they want to do and public schools start 8/20. I expect things will either go along not too eventful or they just go downhill very fast, but nobody knows for sure.
    I am also mostly staying home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐