If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, June 26, 2023

End of June -to do list, sewing, grocery haul

Hello again- I’ll just jump right in

I made a to do list that started Sunday- it’s not pretty but hopefully it will keep me on track 

\

I used to sew a lot! I found this photo of 2 of my children in pajamas I sewed - around 1987 I think. 
Aren’t they cute?  They really were happy children that usually had smiles on their faces.  
Anyway, this got me thinking that our youngest granddaughter would enjoy a twirly nightgown too. So I searched EBay and somehow found the pattern.  
I cut out a blue polka dot one last night 


I am so thankful for online shopping.  I’ve been using Kroger delivery and it’s great!
Oklahoma does not have any actual Kroger grocery stores but there is a delivery hub about an hour from our town.  
I wont say their prices are rock-bottom lowest, but they do have good deals.
They have weekly sales and coupons and if you match them up, it’s pretty good.
They also have two weekly Free-Bees coupons, this week it was for marshmallows and apple sauce cups. I think my grandchildren will enjoy making rice crispy treats with the marshmallows.

Anyway, I ordered Saturday evening and my groceries were delivered Sunday morning about 7:30 AM. I ask for delivery between 7 and 8 AM.
They bring them right to my door and they travel in a refrigerated truck, so everything was fresh and chilled.
Kroger has the best produce of any store I’ve purchased from.  
The 3 bagged produce items were dated into July
Everything looks fresh and A+ in my opinion 
Look at this crazy big bell pepper! It’s on top of a 1 pound strawberry box

Dog items and grocery items.  The chicken breast were buy one get one free and I should’ve bought four or six. It was a good deal but I don’t eat that much meat these days so that will easily make three meals. The cream of tartar is for homemade Play-Doh.
As I said, before, the marshmallows and applesauce were freebie coupons.
That’s a lot of bread, right? I already had two loaves on my order. Then at the end, when you check out with Kroger, they usually have some short dated items that are half price or less. So I went ahead and added three more of the discounted loaves of bread, and I just put them in the freezer.



Can you believe these five grandchildren are getting so big and old? The youngest one is eight and the oldest one is 14! 
They have very busy lives -ball tournaments, ninja tournaments, livestock shows, Girl Scout camps, church camp, energy camp
They all had some free time in their calendar last week and were able to have a sleepover here.


I’ve been doing more decluttering. Most stuff that was usable has been passed on to people who wanted it on our local Facebook buy nothing group.
I truly recommend looking into your area buy nothing group. People give away lots of neat stuff and people ask for stuff. 
And it just feels so good to take stuff that we don’t need and put it into the hands of people who do want it.


OK, I need to get up and get on with my day. The last of my tea is gone.
I hope you all have a great week 
❤️ Rhonda 


11 comments:

  1. So good to catch up! I just gave away on Facebook huge custom valances that came with our home 9 years ago! I am loving my living room not being so "fussy." Deep cleaning my den today. Ladybugs get in everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I know just what you mean. I’m wanting less of everything in my home.
      At least ladybugs are cute 🐞

      And I obviously need better proof reading skills because I have had to redo this comment three times

      Delete
  2. Yikes! You got some wonderful deals. I don't see short-date items on our Kroger affiliate website...I have to show up in person to find them. And the freebees! You must have a lot of grocery competition in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kroger and would shop there, but the one here is just too far away. However, the refrigerated truck was about two blocks away, so I may try ordering. The first three deliveries are $15 off.
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see a post from you. I am definitely sure your grand daughter will enjoy Grethat lovely swirling nightgown.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips about Kroger delivery! I have done their pick up a few times and have been very impressed. And seeing your grandchildren so big has made me realize that mine are getting big too :) That brings all kinds of emotions :) Happy/sad is what I call it. For now, they still love coming over. I hope that never changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often think what a miracle that grocery delivery is. Our neighbor who is sick ...has his groceries delivered every week. My mother would have just loved it has she got older. Your grandkids are growing fast. Our grand boy is 13 and is taller than me and pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, it has been far too long since I visited your blog! I can't believe how big and old your grandkids are already. Time goes way too quickly doesn't it? I now have 5 grandkids and I think that will be it for our family unless God chooses otherwise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those grands are fine looking young people! My Bradley will be 14 on his next birthday, and Silas will be 12 at the end of July. I don't think any of them should be so old! Thankfully Miss Layla is still in single digits like your little guy.
    I had to go check on Kroger stores. None in Nebraska except for Omaha area. I love living in the rural small town we do, but we don't get all the fun deliveries of a metro area.
    I am now going to look for a local no-buy FB page. It's been a busy May, June, and beginning of July, but after this coming weekend, my schedule is opening up and I plan to go room by room and pretend I'm moving so I can deeply declutter. I'm finding that what was so important to keep some years ago isn't worth the storage space now. Am I wiser now that I'm in my 60s? Lol.
    Hope all is well with you and yours! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have a Kroger's here but everything looks wonderful. Your grandchildren are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got an email from Google the middle of May telling they were doing away with the Album Archive, where pictures are stored for Blogger. I had to go over before June 25 and export a file of all my pictures. I wonder if that has something to do with your missing pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐