If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

More son bragging and Thanksgiving stuff

A little more son bragging....

Youngest son Jim knew I was very busy this week and offered to take care of supper for the 10 of us at this home tonight.  He ordered take out from Olive Garden- big pans full of piping hot baked tortellini, chicken cutlets with veggies on top of angel hair pasta and lasagna. 
It was all delicious and so fun to have 3 entrees for supper instead of the usual 1 choice. 
And with all the other cooking I've done the last week, it was especially nice to have meal prepared and planned by someone else.
Sons Bob and Jim are just 14 months apart but are very different. One is really handy with tools and the other is really skilled with words.  
I am thankful for their loyality to each other and to our family and how they jump right in when something needs done or just because they want to spend time with us. 



I am one those crazy people that had to do some grocery shopping today. I went to Walmart (which was so messy but not busy at all) and Aldi. It was a little busy but not much different from any other day.  
I am thankful my shopping time was not full of aggravation like I thought it might be and also thankful it is done!

Meals are planned for the next 3 days and much of the prep work has been done already. 

I hope all of you are ready for your Thanksgiving activities and I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving-turkey day. 



8 comments:

  1. Nice sons! I love that they are sensitive, caring and jump into action. And dinner sounds wonderful! I've cooked all day the last two days! Tomorrow is just the basics...turkey, potatoes, gravy....and leftovers at least until Saturday. haha. :)
    Enjoy your family over this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Olive Garden...love that place. My mom and I are addicted to their salads. Where would we be without our lists?
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sons. It is good they are like that and will help one another through life. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. We celebrated last month ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum... Olive Garden! We will be heading there Christmas Eve to celebrate my dads birthday.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very nice of him! Also the son that helped with all the handy man jobs that saved a bundle for everybody. You are blessed to have them.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family! Enjoy!
    I had an eye doctor appt. yesterday a.m. and ran to Wal-Mart afterwards. There were a zillion cars but not many people. I just had to get some birthday gifts and then stuff to make a cake for my sons best friend. His g'pa died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every child has their gifts to offer to the family! You are indeed lucky to have such wonderful children!! I bet your meal was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice son you have! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful, kind sons you have! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐