If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Highlights


My sons showed up in matching sweaters, but not matching hairstyles or
Matching boots. 


Fun gifts
Sweet family time with great grandparents and great uncles and lots of cousin playtime too.
Christmas Day food 
7 layer bean dip, fresh fruit platter, veggie platter with dip, triple crock pot filled with Rotel Velveeta dip, meatballs, and little smokey sausages in barbecue sauce
And of course, lots of cookies, some candy and a pound cake. 


After Christmas

My daughter got this gingerbread house kit on clearance at Walmart for $3. My brother, the wreath maker, put it together with his great nieces, Elizabeth and Andie. Elizabeth was interested in making the house look pretty but Andie was just interested in eating the candy trims.

Old Santa and New Santa
My mom made the felt and cloth Santa about 50 years ago, he looks pretty good after all this time I think. 
This year, she crocheted the outfit for a new Santa doll. He is plastic and I bought the undressed doll at Hobby Lobby at a clearance sale. 

Mom made his outfit with supplies she had on hand. Can you see Santa's rhinestone belt buckle? New Santa has a bit more bling than old Santa. He also has eyeglasses.

That's how we had our family time here in Oklahoma. Our decorations are still out and will probably stay out for another week or so. 

I hope you all a happy Christmas, however you celebrated. 


9 comments:

  1. looks like you had so much fun!! Its so neat you still have that Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it all...the fun, food, family...so nice! The Santas sure are cute!
    Our decorations stay up until New Year's Day, usually. It's a nice way to spend that day...and feels fresh when they all come down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must know where that huge spatula came from - I know a few guys who need one! Looks like you had wonderful family time this holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QVC. And it is really nice quality too. We don't have cable or satellite TV but we recently started getting QVC and HSN shopping channels on our antenna.

      Delete
  4. love the matching sweaters!!! gives me an idea for next year!!!! looks like a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, looks like a lovely time was had by all. Did the big boys wear the same sweater intentionally? It's cool if they did but funnier still if they didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful Christmas Rhonda! You have a lovely family. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family! Looks like you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐