If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 31, 2017

Frugal July part 6

hello everyone.  Since July is almost over, I'll wind up this blog series with a few things from the last few days.

We had a family party this weekend to break in our new patio and celebrate my husband's birthday.
One son brought his bounce house and it's pool attachment.  The children had so much fun jumping and going down the water slide.  My son rents this bounce house out and he says it's more than paid for itself.  It's been enjoyed by his children and at several family parties too.



We bought a small wading pool for the 3 smallest grands but 2 of the bigger grands had a lot of fun in it too.


The party was in the backyard but our home was pretty dirty afterward.  I did a bit of straightening Sunday but most of it got done today.
Here is my home list, as well as my CVS and Dollar General list.
If you look close at my wrist, my Fitbit says I'd already walked a little over 3 miles this morning.

At Dollar General, I only used digital coupons on their App. 
I used a $2/$10 purchase, $2 Tide, $3 Downy, a buy 2 get 1 free for both the applesauce and breakfast  pastries. 
My total came to exactly $10. 





This haul is from CVS. It was a lot more complicated than the Dollar General but I got so much more.  I used newspaper coupons, personalized coupons from CVS, app coupons, printable coupons from PGEveryday.com along with a $5 ExtraCareBuck from a few weeks ago and some of the gift certificates earned through swagbucks and MyPoints.
Thr original total was about $109.  But after all my coupons, deals and about $40 from the gift certificates, I spent NO cash at all.
I got back $20 in CVS Extracarebucks, $1 from Checkout51 and .25 from Ibotta.



This closes out our thrifty July.  I'm planning on August being mostly frugal too. 
We will see though,  we make plans but we don't know for sure what will happen.  

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Great buys at the stores!

    I am so envious of kids having those bounce houses and things now! The splash pads & water slides, too. So many ways to keep cool in the summer. We had swimming pools, but variety is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone had fun, that pool looks so good it makes me want to go swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! on your CVS haul! Good job!! Your backyard patio party looks like fun! Enjoy your new patio area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful gathering! I enjoy seeing your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patio party looks like fun! =)

    Thanks for sharing your store savings and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a house full of joy and wet swim suits. I love our rite aid here. I can really make a haul when I pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun that party was! My grandkids would love to have that bouncy slide too. :) You do so well on your deals. I wish that we had a CVS here too. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You blow my mind with deals like this CVS one, Rhonda. Your last weekend looks like a LOT of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to be the CVS queen!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐