If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Frugal July part 4- Easiest Couponing ever!

I went to Dollar General today. I've been seeing posts by others about using the Dollar General app and the digital coupons.  I had free time so I went and checked it out and tried it.
I've been couponing pretty much since I married in 1980 and this was truly the easiest couponing I've ever done.  

I got all these great household products at Dollar General sale prices combined with their digital coupons and their Saturday save $5 on $25 any purchase coupon.  



I'm sorry this photo is dim
total was almost $40 but came down to $18 after coupons.

To shop with coupons,  first get the Dollar General app and register it with your cell phone number.
Then look in the DG digital coupon section and select any of the coupons you will think you will use.  

After you shop and the cashier rings up your purchases,  you will enter your cell phone number into the keypad where you also scan credit cards and such.  
The register will deduct your coupons and you pay the discounted price.  

that's it!  No paper coupons to clip,  no wondering if you cashier dislikes coupons, etc.  

the only disadvantage I see is you just use 1 like digital coupon so you couldn't get, say 5 of the Tide pods and use 5 digital coupons.  

My receipt had a place to do a survey and get a $3/15 coupon.  
They seem to have the $5/$25 every Saturday.  

I liked this easy couponing and I plan to do it again,  as long as I see sales that match with digital coupons for things we use.  I think you can use paper coupons at DG too,  but you cant use a digital and paper coupon to purchase 1 item. 

So, if your town has a Dollar General,  try the app.
So far,  I think its Great!  

I also looked on Ibotta and got back .75 cents 

19 comments:

  1. Jess works next door to a Dollar General and shops there a lot. This app could be helpful for her, especially now that she and the kids have their own house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on using this app! I need to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for walking us through the app! I have seen Dollar Generals around CT but not sure where the closest one is to me. However, maybe it's worth a little research now that I see how well you did! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up for this a year ago last Jan. Got 7 toothbrushes one trip for 1.50 OOP, not bad at all.
    I just never think to go there anymore(except for discounted gift cards). Maybe I should make more of an effort? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. I will for sure do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for writing a post on this! I have not been couponing very long but have definitely got some great deals. Looking forward to trying this at DG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try the app but was unsure how it would work. Great to know because last holiday season they had their sugar and flour cheaper than any other stores in the area. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. DG does have some great sales, especially paired with coupons. Like the small bottle of Tide Simply with sale and coupon this week 95 cents (at least in this area). Some great sales on school supplies plus $5 off $15 right now on school supplies. And like above said, this past holiday season flour and sugar cheaper than anywhere. July 4 sale had Coke 12 packs 3 for $8. And every once in a while all clearance goes an additional 50% off and you can score some amazing deals and moneymakers then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great info! I tell myself to shop on Saturdays with the $5 off $25, but never seem to do so! I will check out the app.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The farmer does our grocery shopping, etc., and I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get him to use coupons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using coupons, I also use a free point system in my local grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never shopped at Dollar General, but I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the coupon tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great shopping trip you had. I am so tempted to get a phone that I can download the aps onto. It would make shopping so much easier. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the $5.00 coupon every Saturday. I'll have to download the app and see how that works. I'm working on a price book for items I buy regularly. Dollar General has good prices on most things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just started shopping there again. We finally have a brand new store near us. I will have to try the digital coupons. Thanks for sharing. You did a terrific shop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I shop there all the time and didn't know about this. I'll have to ask my husband if I can use his smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, just set up an account and put the app on his phone. You can also add coupons on any computer to that account. You will just type in his phone number and you do not actually need his phone with you when you shop at DG.
      I hope it works for you 😄

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐