If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, January 9, 2021

January 9- cleaning, tacos and chicken

Today was a housecleaning day.  I vacuumed and mopped from one end of our home to the other.  
We have a steam mop but lately I’ve been going back to this mop and PineSol.  
This mop seems to get closer to the baseboard edges than the steam mop.  

I’m making a big batch of taco seasoning- a recipe I’ve been making for years. 


I add a heaping tablespoon of this taco seasoning to the cooked ground meat for tacos. 
My son has been sprinkling it on raw chicken and then grilling or sautéing the chicken and he says it’s really good.  
When my daughter had to eat gluten free,  she really liked that this seasoning has no thickeners with gluten like most storebought mixes do.  
And we all like the way it tastes.  

Supper tonight was chicken, green beans and corn on the cob.  

I marinated the chicken in dill pickle juice in the jar the pickles were in - it kind of looks like a science specimen in a jar of formaldehyde but it really does cook up delicious.  
Before 
After - half of the dill pickle chicken sautéing in a skillet. 


Below is the link for the recipe I used loosely - we like this recipe a lot but we can only make it after we’ve used a jar of dill pickles 

❤️ Rhonda





6 comments:

  1. Oh I am going to try this dill pickle chicken! Do you add any other seasonings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try that dill pickle chicken. That looks so good. It does look like a specimen jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds delicious. Is this mop and bucket the spin mop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dill pickle chicken looks good! Wonder if you could make your own "dill juice"...using a recipe for home-made pickles. (omitting the cukes) Then you could have the chicken more often :)

    I have made my own Cajun seasoning...the taco seasoning looks good.

    I recently bought an OCedar "Easy Wring" and like it so far.

    Have a wonderful Sunday! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the taco seasoning recipe. Will give it a try.
    The chicken science experiment made me laugh. How long do you marinate the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have that same taco seasoning recipe! Though I've been buying Trader Joe's taco seasoning instead. It has about the same ingredients as the recipe (no gluten either) and is only 99 cents for the pkg. It is so strong that it lasts for 3-4 recipes. I made tacos the other night, but used 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 ground turkey. Sometimes I make mexican chicken in the slow cooker and use the taco seasoning sprinkled on the chicken.

    The dill pickle chicken sounds interesting! Bet the brine gives the chicken a nice flavor. I've heard of dill pickle soup too, and supposedly it's good, though I've never tried it.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐