My grandtoddlers wear bibs at our house pretty much anytime they eat anything, I don't like them wearing dirty clothes and bibs are much easier to take off than to change into a clean outfit.
Their other batch of bibs were getting rather worn so I sewed up a new batch.
|the bird print is my favorite|
For the pattern, I traced around a bib we already had, then since my tracing was not as straight as it could be, I just cut it out about 1/2 inch away from the tracing line.
|pattern drawn on wax paper|
I used a couple yards of a retro fabric bought at a thrift store a few years ago.
Blogs are like diaries, I just did a search and found exactly when it was purchased from an old blog post of mine.
If you are curious, you can read it on this link.
|I fussy cut each bib so I could center these fun animals on each one.|
And I ended up with 9 nice size bibs.
|I've used velcro for closures but it seems to get full of lint in the laundry and velcro bibs are a little to easy for toddlers to take off.|
Ties get tangled and knotted.
So, I put button closures on this batch, so far, I like this method a lot.