If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, January 12, 2024

Sewing in 2024

I have not sewn much in the last few years but my fabric and sewing supplies have multiplied several times because of getting so much stuff from 3 different people.  
So one of my plans for 2024 was to get my sewing room organized.
You’re going to see a lot of stuff and I even did a big declutter around November.  
The main thing that needed done was there so much fabric stacked in the closet and when I did want to sew, I couldn’t find what I wanted.  

I really should have taken before photos but here are the after photos.  

It’s nothing Pinterest-Worthy but now  I know where everything is and can find what I need in the future. 





The closet in this room is big but the sides are hidden by the wall so I don’t plan on using either end of the closet except for big things.  
There are several empty drawers.  So I may do even more organizing or I may just leave them empty.  



We are just 2 people living in a 4 bedroom house and that’s why I can have a whole bedroom dedicated to sewing.  
We’ve talking about moving someplace smaller but moving is so complicated…..so for now,  we are staying here.  



Here are my first sewing projects for 2024- extra large heat protective mats 
We tend to serve most of meals buffet style and so does our daughter
In their home, they have a huge kitchen island covered with a man made stone
I made the mats for their house very thick- denim on the bottom, 2 layers of Insulbrite and a thick twill on the top.  
I gave them to her Monday and she took them home and served their supper on them that same night
They had Thanksgiving leftovers that had been frozen.  


I made ours with just one layer of Insulbrite and quilting cotton fabric on both sides.  
All the mats are about 18 inches wide and 43 inches long.  

Now when I serve meals,  I won’t need to use wobbly trivets or all my potholders under the hot foods.  

If you don’t know sewing products- Insulbrite a heat protective fabric used mostly to fill potholders.  

Around Christmas we were at our daughter’s home and they cooked  4 sour dough pizzas for a group.  We were spreading our every potholder they owned to protect their 
island from the hot pizza stones.  
These runners will look better and be much safer than potholders.  I know they will use theirs often.  


❤️Rhonda 

















10 comments:

  1. Your sewing room looks great! And I love the idea of oversized hot pads.
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those heat mats look like a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pads! Great idea and your sewing room is huge. I have a small bedroom we use as a storage/craft/sewing room. I organize it and 6 mos later I have to do it again. It’s still nice to be able to go in, close the door and do my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased some Insul-bright before Christmas. Layla and I are going to make bowl cozies, regular size hot pads, and some of the oversize hot pads as gifts. I appreciate seeing your examples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone gave me huge rolls of insulation material. I wonder if this is what I have. That's a great idea of a way to use it. Those look great. I understand using all the potholders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insulbrite has little silver-ish skinny bits in it. Even if your insulation fabric isn’t Insulbrite, I think it would work for hot pads, etc.
      if it is Insulbrite, you have a gold mine. It is not cheap anyway.

      Delete
  6. What a great sewing room. You DO have a bit of fabric! I love the mats - very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on organizing! Love the hot pads and I use Insulbrite regularly. It does a wonderful job of insulating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those hot pads are a great idea. I may have to make some for myself.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those heat mats are beautiful. Great job. How nice to have a whole room dedicated to sewing. I have a little office with my desk and computer. I share the room with my little doggie. Her cage is opposite my desk. And the remaining wall holds my sewing machine and 2-3 bins. That's about all I can fit. Very crowded room for sure. I plan on completing a flannel PJ this week. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐