If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Meals, a sewing project, weather, etc

Hello everyone 
My last post was about concerns for my husband and that illness.  
Well, all my precautions worked and I didn’t catch it.  He is pretty much better but has been though a lot with so much coughing.  
So if there is sickness in you home,  my advice is 
- try to keep as much distance as possible between you and the sick person
-Wash your hands often and especially if you handle anything that the sick person has handled like their dishes
-Be careful with dishes-I sanitized hours by running the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle. But if I was doing them by hand, I think I would pour boiling water on any dishes used by the sick person
-If possible, sleep in a different room than the sick person
-I asked my husband not to go in the kitchen, but if he just had to, I put a box of latex gloves on the counter for him to put a pair on if he had to touch anything. And I think he only went in the kitchen one time and he did wear gloves
-Be careful with laundry and towels. If possible wash, wash the sick persons, laundry in hot water.
That’s pretty much what I did and it worked for us. But it’s just my advice. I am not a doctor.

  

My most recent sewing project is a cover for my KitchenAid mixer’s bowl.  
It was a simple, sewing project. I used a pizza pan to cut out my circles. 
Mine is reversible with chickens on one side and a print on the other.

Meals -We’ve eaten at home all meals, except once when we went to Oklahoma City a couple days ago
But apparently I took very few photos of those meals 
 
Breakfast for supper 2 nights 



Swiss steak from a recipe shared by 
Terri at Blue House Journal

I made it exactly as she posted.  I’ve made Swiss steak many times but never put bell pepper in it.  Terri’s recipe uses bell pepper and is delicous!  
It’s very easy too.  


I rarely bake anymore but we had a small family gathering and another family member was going to see other family on a road trip. 
So I bake a double batch of Pound cake and a single batch of cake mix cookes.  
The 2 containers were sent on the trip and the desserts on the white plate were shared with family that night.  



Weather!  
We had super cold temperatures and snow that kept bus home for almost week.
Then a few days after that mostly was over,  we had ice.  
Ice is the worst!  It makes every surface slippery with walking and driving both treacherous. 

Thankfully we in a stretch of pleasant weather for the foreseeable future.  

Hope you are all well 
❤️ Rhonda 














15 comments:

  1. I'm glad your husband is on the mend. My husband is sick now and is slowly getting better. That ice is scary -be careful!
    I want to make a bowl cover for my mixer-thanks for the suggestion to make the circle from a pizza pan. I love how yours hangs over the edge aways. That helps.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had a very mild case of Covid this last summer, I begged Tommy to take a few precautions. But, he would not. The only thing he did was not eat after me. He would often taste something or finish what I did not like. That habit went.
    He waited on me hand and foot. I only got up to go to bathroom. Yes, he caught it. i was barely well enough to wait on him. Maybe next time, he will take more precautions.
    I am glad your precautions worked for you. It is not fun being ill.
    Cake mix cookies are a wonderful innovation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the sickness is leaving your home and you stayed well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read your husband is on the mend and you didn't get sick, Rhonda. Yep, ice is the worst thing about winter. Hope you have a nice week.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you hear the for good health again. I make us Four Thieves vinegar, and keep fresh lemons/limes on hand for homemade ginger-ale (best of the best for nausea), and have essential oils on hand for steam inhalations for cough if needed. I enjoyed your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to know you avoided the illness! I love the bowl covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you didn't get whatever your husband had. Mine had covid at home during christmas and thankfully I never got it. Can you believe this time last week we were all bundled at home and iced in and today we don't even have to wear a coat! Oklahoma! Your post reminded me that it might be time for me to make pound cake. It's been ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dread the winters when we get freezing rain first and then snow. That ice sticks around forever. Your meals look lovely.

    So glad you didn't get sick. Even though Hubby and I stayed far apart the last time he was sick. He masked and gloved as well, I still managed to get sick.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would share cake and cookie recipe? -Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never mind I found your cookie recipe. Just not the cake and if it’s not to much trouble. Glad to hear your husband is doing better and you managed not getting it. Also another good preventive is I like to Lysol all the door knobs and light switches and toilet handles. -Rosa R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been a busy girl. I applaud you. I've made a commitment to myself to sew for at least a half an hour a day. I'm off to make cheeseburger soup for supper for hubby and I. Leftovers will either be lunch tomorrow, or they'll go in the freezer for a convenience meal.

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,\
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terri here...Google won't let me sign into my account to comment at the moment. No clue why I'm so glad to hear you tried the Swiss Steak recipe and like it so much. It's one of my favorites that Mama made when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good that you didn't get sick. Proves that those precautions work! When I had influenza a year ago, I camped out in the guest room for three days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate ice. It scares me more than snow. I stay home when we have it too. I am trying to catch up on your blog. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't' realize that your husband was so sick. I hope he much better now. Those are great tips that you shared with everyone. We hibernate in a spare bedroom when we are sick. Precious

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐