If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, May 2, 2020

May News #2 the edible plants

My husband has taken over the outdoor gardening.  His big project this year is putting pavers between the raised beds to cut down on weeding and mowing.  He’s doing it slowly as he has a bad back, bad knees, etc- but considering all that,  I think he made lots of progress doing it all on his own.  



Somehow that silly gnome birdbath came home with is from Lowe’s.  


Some of the tomatoes are just starting to form 



We’ve been eating our lettuce and spinach for several weeks.  We are hoping the heads will grow back and keep replenishing, but who knows?  At least one of them looks very hopeful.  


also in the beds are assorted peppers and onions 

And Potato Land looks be growing so good! 




In the wildest corner of the back yard is a rose Bush we bought at Aldi years ago
We had to get rid of all our knockout roses as they all had that awful rosette disease 



 

And on the picnic table is this year’s fairy garden.  Grands and adults all enjoy rearranging the figures.  


❤️ Rhonda 



15 comments:

  1. Your garden looks wonderful. Hubby is doing a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnome birdbaths have a tendency to do that. Ha! Smart idea to put in those pavers. Hard on the back now, but nice for later! All the beautiful lettuce is making me jealous!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so great, you are so far ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband is doing a great job Rhonda. My husband and I share the jobs in the veggie patch. He is watering as I write this. I do envy your potato land. I keep forgetting to ask my local nursery if they have any seed potatoes in stock. :-( That yellow rose is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using the pavers. You do not have to wade in wet grass. I need one of those hose minders for my hose. I bought one that is much more expensive. Where did you get that? That is a lot of potatoes! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had it a long time and I think we bought it at Lowe’s. It’s cemented in the ground

      Delete
  6. This is the kind of garden we are aiming for - just getting started with one box for now. I was now aware you can grow potatoes in a container - how many potatoes grown in each bucket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband got his advice from a YouTube family ‘ Hollis and Nancy Homestead”
      You start the potatoes in the house, until the eyes “Chit”. I think the put 3 eyes in the buckets and more than that in the barrels. You start them in about 6 inches of dirt and then add more dirt as the tops grow.

      Delete
    2. Rhonda - Thank you for this how-to and the source. You make it sound easy :)

      Delete
  7. Great garden, love the potato land.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little fairy garden is so sweet! I got a few little things from Dollar Tree around Valentine's Day to save for making a fairy garden with the kids. We've a cold snap for the next several days, but by mid-week next week, I think we can safely plant.
    Jeff did a nice job with the pavers - they will definitely make for less work in the long run. Greg and I have very different plans for our outdoor spaces. Sigh. It's nice that he's taking an interest, but he kind of wants to do the opposite of what I'm thinking. Eventually we'll come to a compromise, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful garden! Cute nails too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐