If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, May 1, 2020

May news #1 May Day plants


Good evening everyone 
I’ve been filling pots with plants with a few bought ones and some brought outside from inside our house and some are from our son. 



These are on the patio near the door 



These are also on the patio,  some are succulents that I put in bigger pots and the petunias are from an 8 pack I found on clearance at Lowe’s for $1



All these pots look empty but they are all planted with caladium bulbs.  Our son ordered 35 pounds of caladium bulbs.  He’s planted a lot of them in his yard but 35 pounds is really a lot.  So he’s been sharing them.  
Caladiums are really fun as they all come up with different colors and patterns.  


And a few more pots of succulents and some ground cover I bought and planted last year and it survived all winter.  
In the yard is the berry patch.  The 2 mature blackberry bushes are loaded with new berries and my husband has been rigging up a protection cover to keep birds from eating the blackberries before we do.  
In the ground are strawberries and a few onions 


On the other side of the backyard are the raised beds and containers holding vegetables.  I’ll show those tomorrow.  
And my husband has put in all the work on them, not me.  I pull weeds but other than that,  the food plants are all his effort.  

Tonight I’m doing the Facebook painting party I posted about earlier.  


I see on the news that different areas are having different restrictions and different levels of restrictions being lifted. 
I know everyone wants to get back to normal but that virus is still out there. 
Hope you all are being careful and staying as safe as possible.  

❤️ Rhonda 



9 comments:

  1. I love caladiums, but they are too expensive for me right now. That's a lot of plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still early for us to plant much garden, but I have got some bedding plants and am going to go ahead. There's not much, so if we have a frost forecast, it'll be easy to cover them.
    Your succulents are so pretty - I got a couple to put in a fairy garden I'm planning to build with Layla.
    Nebraska is easing up restrictions a little, not so much that it bothers me, because I'm still pretty much staying home no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see the sunshine, if only in your pictures, Rhonda. That's a lot of bulbs! Have a lovely weekend.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing all the caladiums come up in those pots. You have been busy! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever planted caladiums but love coleus which are hearty and have so many varieties. I LOVE that you went to Lowe's and got $1 petunias, lol. So like you to get a good bargain! Have you thought of selling off some of your succulents since you seem to have the knack of growing them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the petunias were marked down because they were the last one, they are much healthier than a lot of the clearance plants.
      I’ve shared my succulent spin offs but never sold them, and I keep a lot of them.

      Delete
  6. Where did your son order his caladium bulbs from? What a great idea, it's never occurred to me to do that.

    I recently discovered your blog & have been reading through the archives. I think you're in OK? I'm just across the state line in nw AR so your gardening posts really interest me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Jenny. I’m familiar with NW Ark as we sometimes drive through it when we travel to Branson, You live in a very pretty area.
      My son says he and his boss both order from Caladium World. They preorder theirs in December. He said he didn’t know if they would have any bulbs for sale right now but you can get on their mailing list and be notified of their offerings. He also said their website is not the fanciest but it does the job.

      Delete
    2. And yes, we are in Oklahoma in the orange college town.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐