If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

May News #4 - flowers and masks


Hello everyone 

If you want to make the simplest mask I’ve seen,  watch this video 

Below are small child size ones 



Some very lawyer-ish masks for my son.  He wanted them all solid navy so I added a tiny tag of twill tape to the inside so he can tell which side has been facing out and which side goes on his face.  




Our home so looks so happy with all the spring flowers blooming.  Many of them are perennials my husband bought on clearance at Lowe’s in recent years.  



The bushes with white flowers are Mock Orange and I think they’re so pretty.  



The dianthus came back so big and full this spring -they are the big pink and red clumps.  


Below is a peony that only had one bloom last year.  This year it had more than a dozen buds.  


 

Right by our front door - did  you notice in these photos all our windows were open?  It was breezy and mid-60s yesterday so I opened all our windows and gave the house a good airing out.  




We had a redwood picnic table that was looking so weathered and not in a good way.  
So my husband turned it into a 12 foot planter that fits perfectly where the patio ends and before the fence.  
Then he planted it with more assorted plants from Lowe’s 










And a little funny thing
3 of our grandchildren were here yesterday while their mom had a doctor appointment. 
They were so happy to be here and acted so nice. 
Toward the end of the visit, Elizabeth and JJ were crafting but Elizabeth wasn’t happy that JJ was kind of copying her.  
I told her she was being kind of grouchy.
JJ said "maybe she needs a nap”



Hope you are all well
❤️Rhonda 

10 comments:

  1. I love your flowers and the planter your husband built. Great save and I'm sure it had lots of memories.
    Grandkids are a joy that's for sure. The things that come out of the mouths are so funny.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your home looks fantastic!! I love the "nap" comment. Take care. My daughter was inspired to order fun fabrics to make masks. I did my first one...I miss the days of better vision. LOL.
    Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - all your flowers are pretty. Not much blooming here yet - still too chilly. Peonies won't happen for a few weeks. Everything looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful, Rhonda. Haven't seen any mock oranges in ages, they used to be so popular. We just use some buffs that we purchased for mowing grass for masks.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yard and garden are really shaping up! I love all the little cute areas you have made.
    Your masks are delightful, as well. I have only made 3 so far, one for each of us who still live here. My oldest daughter made me a bunch and mailed them to me, so we have several on hand. I will probably get on board with that project before long, as it looks as if the need to have a mask is going to continue for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the flowers look very cheerful. I love the painted pots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the flowers. My whole yard is off the dead and dieing bin at Home depot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol at JJ...Maybe he was right! I love Dianthus and have bought four pots that were on the clearance rack at Lowe's over the past two years. Three of them have made it just fine. They bloom all summer long and do indeed come back year after year in my zone. I wonder why I've never had them before because it's good bang for the bucks! I love your peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so old... my youngest grandchild is way to "old" to pick flowers or stay with any of her grandparents LOL. Would be fine with the great grandkids but between 4 great great grandparents, 6 great grandparents, and 6 grandparents., their parents just chose that we get one on one time at family dinners. Too much spoiling LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dianthus don't normally survive our winter, but I have had a few that did. Your peony will be even bigger next year. Your flowers all look so pretty. We have several days with night temps in the 30s, but after that things look warm enough to plant. Usual Mid-May timeline.
    JJ is a wise boy. It's usually me who needs the nap around here! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐