If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, August 24, 2020

August #6

Good morning 
I didn’t mean to disappear but last week was different than I thought it would be.  The 3 grands that live in our school district were here 3 days and then they went to school for 2 days,  and now, in person schools are already closed again because Covid rates jumped way higher in our town.  Our schools will be doing virtual learning for a while.  
My husband made a last minute and unexpected trip to his parents in Arkansas.  He is home now.  
Anyway,  the theme of 2020 seems to be plans change at the drop of a hat.  

So, here is my new to do list - notice the repeats of the meals because they didn’t get cooked last week.  

The empty circle doesn’t mean anything- I’ll write something in it later.  



➡️➡️➡️link for a new mask style ⬅️⬅️⬅️

My daughter asked me to sew this style mask.  The pleats are vertical instead of horizontal and it’s supposed to fit looser over the wearer’s mouth.  
I made just one and she tried it on and thought she liked it better so I’ll sew up a couple more this week.  
And if you follow this video and pattern,  the mask is fine but she says 2.6 inches and 1.8 inches 🤔 ( not exactly how Americans do fractions). So I just got as close as I could.  The video maker normally uses metric.   And I lengthened the elastic to 7 inches instead of 6 as specified.  



Speaking of masks,  this is how my daughter is keeping up with her family of 5 and their masks - who ever imagined we would need masks organization?  But we do! 
The bag is for masks that need laundered,  I think that’s a great idea.  



My husband picked these beautiful peppers and scrawny radishes this morning.  So I’ll be processing some of them this week.  


And last week was so weird, so I worked 2 puzzles,  with a little help from grandchildren and Nina.  
This one was a really nice puzzle with big, sturdy pieces.  I think it was a handmedown puzzle as when I buy puzzles,  I buy mine at Dollar Tree or Walmart and this was a much higher quality one.  


Hope you all have a good week.  
I’ll be staying home until virus  things settle down in our town

❤️ Rhonda 🏠














8 comments:

  1. That mask looks comfy. I was thinking the other day - who would think it would be normal to walk into an establishment wearing a mask like a bandito!!! LOL
    Those peppers look great.
    Have a nice week. Expect the unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that mask. Thanks for the link.
    Veggies look good
    Definitely a year of changes. Our cases are spiking since the students came back to college.
    I pray that 2021 will be a better year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice peppers! My older sister always did puzzles---I didn't have the patience for them. That is a clever way to keep mask. Younger kids are going to think its normal to wear mask (depending on the time we have to) and will look at people different when out and about and we don't have to wear them anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like that mask design better than all the others. I'm going to make one and see what I think about it. Those radishes look like the French Breakfast Radish. How do they taste? We were thinking about ordering some for next year. I love the picture down below, your hair has grown so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repeat meals, repeat tasks...Gracious but I understand all that and the school closing just days after opening as well. Josh should be able to go back sometime next week but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too bad that the kids are sent back home already.
    I like that mask. I have a big basket full of all colors and a couple of styles. My plan is to put a board with some hooks to keep them by the back door. I like to keep a few in the car and one in my purse as well.
    I got each of the grands a zipper bag to keep on their backpacks for clean masks to take to school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so bad for all the kids, parents and teachers this year. This is stressful and tough for everyone.

    Your daughter is so organized with the hooks for the keys and masks! What a great idea with using those Command hooks on the inside of a door for organization.

    What a beautiful abundance of peppers! What will you do with all of them - freeze them?

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mask with the pleats not vertical seems like it would be more comfortable. I am going to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐