If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, November 1, 2020

November #2 bleaches are not all the same

I recently learned something about different types of bleach. 




I’ve always used bleach when I do white laundry - to whiten it and to kill germs.  
And during Covid, I think lots of people use bleach who didn’t before.  
There are  2 kinds of bleach- brand doesn’t matter.  
One is just regular bleach and one is called no-splash or dripless.  That’s not the only difference.  

The plain bleach kills 99.9% of germs 

While the dripless kind just whitens, brightens and deodorizes.  


So if you’ve bought bleach to fight germs,  you might want to check and see if you have germ killing formula. 

It doesn’t matter what brand - the no splash kind for any brand is not a germ killer while the original formula does kill germs.  

I know lots of people never use bleach and prefer natural or less harsh cleaners.  
But I like to kill germs and will watch my bleach labels from now on.  







12 comments:

  1. Don't like that no splash bleach at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned this as well---surprised to say the least!

    I also learned that when the bleach has expired, it is not as effective if at all.

    Go to the internet---it will tell you how to interpret the code on the Clorox brand bleach as to the mfg. date and then you can figure out how long it is good for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never brought the dripless and now I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only buy bleach for its whitening. I did learn something though you get less in the Splashless jug than you do in the regular jug. Every penny and ounce counts. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good info! Something that We all need to know now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never noticed that before. I looked in my laundry room and I have one of each, thought they were the same. Thanks for the tip!
    I've also been noticing different strengths of isopropyl alcohol in bottles of alcohol and hand sanitizers. I'd never noticed that before either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to confess, I love bleach! It makes me think my clothes are cleaner than they would be otherwise and I love the smell (I know that's strange).
    I haven't visited your blog in many moons but I'm happy to be reading it now and hope to come and visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just learned this a few months ago when my daughter brought it to my attention. I was surprised but grateful to find this out, because I had started buying the splashless version of bleach. Not anymore! I want to kill those germs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bleach too, I know I am killing germs. Here's another thing too - you can use it to treat water in an emergency(look it up online for the correct ratio), and I never buy the scented kind for just that reason - God-forbid I would ever have to do that, but who wants Clean Linen or Fresh Lavender-tasting water? Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again from Maine!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us...I was clueless and have been buying the "no splash" because it was on sale! Should have read the labels more carefully... :)

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhonda,

    Your rooms look terrific I especially love the granchildren's room. It is so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐