If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, November 9, 2020

November #4 rooms we’ve redone

Hello everyone
I finally got these rooms ready for photos and here they are.  I’m very glad everything looks fresh and very decluttered but it was a lot of work.  We gave away stuff,  took 3 loads to Goodwill and 2 loads of boxes to the recycle center.  There are still a few things left on my to do list but they will happen as we have time and energy.  

The biggest change was the new carpet in 3 bedrooms and hall.  It is Stainmaster from Lowe’s and we are very happy with the carpet but the process went so badly, I won’t spell out all details but  the manager refunded 30% of the purchase price.  So that kind of the made up for the terrible customer service.  
This is the grandchildren’s room.  It has a new trundle bed and new curtains.  

And new coffee tables with edges around the top to keep the Legos and Calico Critters corralled.  
The bed and table are from Amazon. 

The guest room/ “just in case” food room is hard to photograph.
I ordered lamps for this room, but we liked them so much, we put them in the master bedroom and have reordered the same ones for this room. 

Lots of food,  checked curtains from Amazon


Also in the guest room - nothing new though 


This is the sewing room and computer room.  3 of our vintage Ethan Allen pieces were moved in here and they are great storage.  
The work table is new and from Walmart 

The desk got a coat of paint, check curtains from Amazon

This rolling cart is for the grandchildren when they want to freestyle craft.  
It’s from Amazon.  



These hall photos show the carpet 







Breakfast room has new curtains from Vermont Country Store and a dining set from Walmart 

Formal dining room had no changes except we took the leaves out of the table several months ago. -no big family meals have happened here since covid anyway 

The living room is not finished - we need to repaint and change around the art but that will come later.  
And yesterday I decided to just go ahead and decorate for Christmas too.

The braided rug and check curtains are new.  
Living room from the other end 

Close up of these Santas  because I think they are so cute 


When I visit blogs and try to comment,  it tells me I am not signed in.  ☹️ I try to sign in and then it still says the same thing.  

I will try to get it figured out this week 

Have a good week everyone - anyone else already decorated for 🎄 Christmas? 

❤️🇺🇸🏡 Rhonda

14 comments:

  1. Very lovely - it all looks so nice and fresh. Love the checked curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks nice and fresh. I haven't started decorating for Christmas. I won't until December begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks great. I would love to have all rooms done at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house tour! I also really like how your curtains match in style and pattern from room to room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Everything looks so fresh and neat. Perfect way to usher in the busy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you kept color continuity from room to room. That's just my personal style. My home is open concept and it is less jarring on the eye to have colors move from one room to another in the main part of the house.

    I'm sorry the installation part of the process was not a good experience. We were very blessed with the people we hired to do our flooring. They moved all my furniture out and in again, took only an hour break for lunch and then offered to rearrange the big heavy pieces if I wanted to change them up!

    I think the whole house looks lovely, Rhonda and I know you're glad to have it done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love buffalo check and gingham anything, everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you guys have done a lot of work in your home! Everything looks so nice. I like those rolling carts to corral the craft stuff. I might have to order one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Rhonda, I haven’t commented before but i have been reading for quite awhile. I haven’t commented because i couldn’t. I blamed it on my ipad but it seems you’re having the same issue i had for years, i kid you not. I have no idea why it finally let me comment but good luck figuring it out. I hope your problem isn’t what i went through! Of course, if this doesn’t go through, i’ll be the only one who knows!
    I so love that you spend so much time with your grand children! Mine are so far away that it breaks my heart. I’m really hoping we move closer to one family before we get too old to enjoy them! Stay well, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a great job with the redecorating! Everything looks so nice. It is obvious that you have been working hard to get all of that done. I love the curtains, too.

    By the way! Happy Birthday, USMC today! Semper Fi...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so great!

    You inspired me to set up extra food storage in our guest room as well. No guests will be here for some time, so the space is productive for now.

    No Christmas decorating here until after Thanksgiving. Greg's request and since I pretty much get to do whatever else I want in the house, I'll give it to him. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh everything looks so nice! I'm glad you were able to make things like you want them to help your family feel cozy and festive.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by to say Happy Thanksgiving to you. Your hard work has paid off with nice rooms to live in!
    Stay well.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your rooms look great! I love the curtains, and won't the grandkids enjoy the new bedroom. What a cute puppy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐