If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, November 30, 2020

November # 6 - homemaking today

Hello everyone 
My husband was away helping his parents over the weekend so I used some of my alone time to freshen up and clean our home.  
So today,  I had plenty of time to sew.  
I made 3 aprons for the 3 grandchildren that don’t live near us.  
Two of them were sewn from some printed panels my mother in law asked me to sew. 
 But I know all 3 of the siblings will want aprons so I made a 3rd one for the oldest.  It’s fun fabric,  aprons printed on an apron 
I stopped at Walmart to get some cookie mixes to mail with the aprons and found these 2 along with lots of other flavors in the same brand.  
They look like flavors children will like.  They also had gingerbread,  several colors of sugar cookies and several kinds of edible cookie dough mixes in the same brand and all at the same price.   

When I got to the post office to mail this and another gift,  the line was so long- I felt like leaving but I got in the line and thankfully everyone was masked and standing at a distance and the line went much faster than I expected.  

My husband asked for raisin bread so I baked some in the bread machine.  It tastes delicious but didn’t rise much,  
I tested my yeast afterward and the yeast was quite active so I guess next time I should let the raisin bread dough mix in the machine but then let it rise in a baking pan and bake it in the big oven. 

Supper was chicken tacos with canned refried beans and corn.  
It’s cold here but no snow like I’m hearing other bloggers talk about in other states.  

Tomorrow is December 1 and I’ve been thinking all day that I’d like to try to blog every day until Christmas - kind of a Blogmas like youtubers that do daily December videos and call it Vlogmas.  I don’t expect I just invented Blogmas,  but I don’t remember anyone else calling it that.  
So,  I’m planning and hoping to do daily posts for the next 24 days - 

Christmas gatherings will be different this year but I still plan to do Christmas things,  they just might be on a smaller scale than in the past.  
I’ll be blogging about that and about just my normal home stuff.  

Hope you all are well.  
See you tomorrow 
❤️ Rhonda ❤️

8 comments:

  1. What cute aprons. I know the grands will love them and the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam just announced blogmas on her blog, the day after I decided to post incidents from Christmas past. I put my second one on today. So, you can read it if you want and leave an incident from a Christmas past. Those are really cute aprons. I don't have any little grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The aprons are darling - and the kids will love those cookie mixes. Fun gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the aprons and the children will love to bake in them! You are a "cool" grandma!

    Looking forward to your daily blogs...so exciting to see a new one pop up in my inbox!

    We will be alone this year due to covid, so minimal decorating going on here. Just a few things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aprons are sweet!
    We got a package in the mail yesterday from my sister in Texas. It's addressed to me, my daughter, and my granddaughter. I'm sure it's matching Christmas aprons for the three of us. We're going to open it this afternoon after school, and video chat with my sister while we do that.
    Perhaps I'll try to blog each day this month, too. Might be the push I need to be more regular about it.
    The kids are going to help me put up outside lights today after school. I'm dragging my feet on putting up the tree. I'm sure the new kittens will try to destroy it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall a post where you talked about your Mueller chopper coming apart when you used it. Amazon sent me a recall on that chopper a few weeks ago. I wondered if you got it and if you got the replacement. I submitted my info but have not gotten the replacement. I am glad it did not actually break when I had to make the video of breaking it by throwing it on the floor because I am still able to have a chopper in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those aprons are adorable. I have a granddaughter who would love one.I will copy your idea, maybe one for her Valentines box.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Rhonda something I've noticed with my bread machine is that when I make bread in it, I have to use LESS yeast, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 tsp instead of 2 1/4 as I do when I make, let rise and bake it myself. I don't know why this is so but I too thought at first my yeast wasn't good but it proofed just fine. So if you were using the bread machine, try my method before you give it up to being bad yeast.

    Love the aprons and cookie mixes. What an awesome gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐