If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, October 8, 2021

October #4 - just food stuff

Good evening 
I’ve known all week that 3 grands would be spending tonight here.  Pizza is always a good meal for Friday night. 
So I made the dough this morning and kept it in the fridge in an oiled bag.  

This is my go to pizza crust recipe- 
There are lots of good pizza crust recipes.  I like this one because the dough is always so easy to roll out.  
The cornmeal adds a nice chewy texture to the doughy too.  






One son came for lunch so I made some pimento cheese for us to eat.  
I use grated sharp cheddar (but I think most traditional southern variations use mild cheddar or American) diced pimentos, dill pickle relish, yellow mustard and just enough mayo to hold it together,  
And a little salt and pepper 
It’s good as a sandwich filling, on celery or crackers.  
If you like spicy,  it’s delicious in a jalapeño pepper half too 🌶 

When it was time to make the pizzas,  I made one round one that my husband and I ate. 
I rolled out the other half of the dough into 3 individual pizzas and the 3 grands topped them like they wanted.  

The baked at 425 for almost 20 minutes - but my oven bakes a little slow compared to others I’ve used.  

So- that recaps the easy meals I prepared today. 
Hope you are all well 
❤️ Rhonda 






7 comments:

  1. My pimiento and cheese is made from Kraft Medium cheddar with Miraccle Whip, pimiento, and pinch of salt. One of these days I am going to make pizza dough from scratch. I even have yeast! Those are cute little g-kids pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM-pizza! Looks good. I have never made pizza crust either except for the FatHead (low carb) recipe. So sweet the grands could select their own toppings.

    Where is your banana keeper? Did you decide it was not what you wanted?

    Thanks for posting...always a joy when you check in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Never made a pizza at home before. Your recipe looks easy! Do I bake the crust a bit before putting on toppings or bake everything at once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza's always a favorite here too. I love that the grands chose their own toppings. I make a 2 ingredient pizza crust.
    2 cups Self raising flour (or use AP flour and add a tsp baking powder)
    1 cup plain yogurt (I use plain greek)
    I also use pesto instead of tomato pizza sauce.

    I've never made pimiento cheese. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made pizza today myself. I'll share my recipe for crust too, since we seem to be comparing recipes: 3 cups flour, 2 tsps sugar, 2 tsps yeast, 1 tsp salt, 2-3 tbsps olive oil, 1 cup warm water. I let my machine knead the dough and sometimes sprinkle the parchment or foil with cornmeal mix before I spread it out. I usually get two big pizzas from my crust and put half into a sprayed bag, just as you did and then freeze that half for the next week's pizza.

    I love seeing those mini pepperonis on the pizzas because I know you bought those with the grandkids in mind.

    I've never added pickle relish to my pimento cheese but I do love it. I like to toast it as a sandwich or cheese toast, too. That's something Mama used to make was toasted pimento cheese sandwiches. We'd have them with Campbell's vegetable soup and hot cocoa on a winter Sunday night and it was always so good. We'd watch Wonderful World of Disney while we ate supper on those nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make a cheese spread using the grated sharp cheddar, diced green bell pepper, garlic powder, and mayo. Simple and easy. I think I need to make some now. Lol.

    Fun homemade pizzas for the grands! We haven't done that in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made pizzas today with flat bread from the deli section of the supermarket. Yours look every bit as good (probably better), so I'm thinking I need to learn to make me some of that delicious dough for the crust. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐