If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, January 24, 2022

New week and some of last week’s stuff 2022 #6



First is my new to do list.  It includes more cleaning and organizing projects I hope to get done this week but they may carryover into February.


It wasn’t on the list but I decided our food pantry needed some organization and cleaning out as well.
The canned goods were all on the bottom shelf and were hard to keep organized and to see what was in the back so the main change was I moved the canned goods up to the second shelf from the bottom.


I also refilled the clear square canisters. Over the last few months as they were emptied, they were washed and stored away in a lower kitchen cabinet. I got them all out and refilled them with our snacks and crackers and baking items.


I also did a little organizing in the baking cabinet.


The baking ingredient cabinet is right over the counter where the microwave used to be in the corner. Now the mixer is there holding some decorative bowls when it’s not being used. And all of the counter space is wide open so when I do get ready to bake or cook something, there is room to work.


Another area that has been bugging me was this narrow freezer space of our refrigerator. I’ve been trying to plan meals around the food that was in this freezer to make some more space in it. And then this weekend I pulled everything out and put it back in in a more organized way. On the top shelf in the red basket are nuts. On the next shelf are Popsicles where the children can easily get out the one they want. On the next shelf in that clear shoebox container are meets. And then in the bottom are things like frozen vegetables and fruits in bags.



I also cleaned out the cold side of the refrigerator but there are no before or after pictures. You all have seen messy refrigerators and straightened up refrigerators.

Oven was needing cleaned. So I ran the self cleaning cycle on both ovens yesterday. For the oven racks, I put them in a bathtub and sprayed them down with Dawn power wash several times. The Dawn did a really good job on them. They don’t look brand new but a whole Lotta stuff washed off of them and they look good enough to me. I wiped out the oven this morning when they were cool. The only problem area is a little tiny grease splatters burned onto the window glass. In the past I tried the vinegar and baking soda method  that so many people recommend but that didn’t do the job. So I’m planning on getting some spray on oven cleaner just for that glass and see if that works. I saw other people recommended it so I’ll let you know. 



Below is the link for the door rack we bought.  So far, we like it just fine  There are many door racks for sale on Amazon and Walmart and eBay.


I’m hoping we all have productive weeks. But so far it’s 10 o’clock and all I’ve done is start laundry and put the oven back together so………..
I think I’ll publish this post and put this iPad down and get busy doing more things around my home. Hope you all have a great day 
❤️ Rhonda 


12 comments:

  1. I scrub my oven glass with Bon Ami and it does a pretty good job. It needs doing here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on organizing. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have your pantry. Use a paint glass scraper on your oven door after you spray it with cleaner, it works really well, says the woman who need to clean her oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you were very busy this weekend.

    Love the new set up in the pantry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful organization! Everything looks wonderful. I like your bins in the freezer; I may have to borrow that idea. My freezer definitely needs the help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of your pantry and freezer...always inspiring!

    Do you still have the guest bedroom "just in case" pantry? I still keep mine up to date...total food security here :) You first inspired me!

    I use that same method as Out My Window for the oven door...windex and that razor scraper. works fast and no scrubbing!

    Are you seeing shortages in your stores? Down here in SW Florida it is common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your organized pantry looks great!

    I was organizing kitchen cabinets last week as well. It's so satisfying having everything in order. :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure feels good to get things clean and organized. Your pantry looks great. We're painting our sunroom this weekend. Well, my husband is!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura
    Doing what I can where I am on a shoestring budget

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pantry. What are the dimensions? I am planning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Practical Parsimony my pantry holds a lot but is only about 4 feet deep and 3 feet wide. The shelves are 1 foot wide and there are 5 shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopped by to say hi. I need to get some Dawn Power Wash. This is the second time today it's been recommended.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐