If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, May 1, 2023

May Day 2023

Good morning ☀️ 
First here is this week’s to do list 
Sometimes I put so many things on the list, I know they won’t get done that week. But this week is a shorter list, and I do hope to accomplish all of it. 
We will see!

There are many stores to shop at in Branson Missouri. We only went to a Walmart twice to get groceries.
 We also went to two thrift stores in Branson. I am very selective about what I bring home anymore.
One of the thrift stores had quite a few rubber stamps. I looked through all of them and only bought this set of three. The set was five dollars.
Three skeins of cotton yarn, one dollar each.
I don’t crochet much, but I do like cotton dish cloths, and I like the colors of these yarns. 

I also bought about 10 cotton bandannas from the women’s accessories department.
 My husband likes to use bandannas for handkerchiefs, and 100% cotton ones are very hard to find. He was happy with this find!
I also bought him at a large coffee mug for a Quarter. All of the coffee cups in our rented condo were tiny  and he likes a big mug. 


Happy May Day, everyone๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿชป๐ŸŒท

❤️Rhonda 










7 comments:

  1. Excellent price on the cotton yarn. I also love knitted cotton dishcloths.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven’t shopped for yarn. I don’t even know what these cost new anymore but they look brand new and I did like the colors.

      Delete
  2. Nice stamps. I buy the cotton bandanas when they reduce them to a quarter. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only bandannas I’ve seen lately were polyester, and I don’t think anybody wants to use a polyester hanky. That’s great that you can find them for a quarter.๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  3. Hi! Fun to find your post yesterday!

    Were you vacationing in Branson? Or maybe it is close to where you live. Yarn colors are beautiful. I know nothing about stamping, but like the designs you chose!

    Your list looks huge to me. Hope you get all those boxes checked off.

    I seem to be tackling one large project a day. But today I have nothing scheduled...sounds like a day of rest (?)

    I have been going through the pantry and we have had some odd meals to eat things that are at or just past best-by dates. Last night was warmed up Dinty Moore Beef Stew on Jasmine rice. With fresh salad and jarred peaches. It was actually pretty good!

    I am trying to re-think what I will be stocking in the long-term pantry in the guest room closet. I would love to hear your thoughts on this...and suggestions if you have any.

    Semper Fi, Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, we are about 200 miles from Branson. So, yes, we were vacationing there.
      When I first started seriously stocking up during the pandemic, I was prepping for a lot more people than I think I need to be now. So I’m certainly not going to run my pantry down to two cans of green beans, but I want to have enough for our household for several months, is what I’m thinking anyway.
      I know that bedroom closet has less food stuff than before. I don’t follow dates too closely but I want to make sure nothing is getting too old and I will keep you posted.๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. We use cotton hankies as well. We mostly use the white ones, but Dh takes the red/blue ones to work and out on the farm.
    I saw on your list that your washer needs repair. We just had to do that, and in the end we bought a new one. The store told us to make sure we call them if we need a repair in the future or if rust becomes a problem. We bought our old one from the same place. I wish I had known this information when the rust first started. I bought a Speed Queen commercial model. It is very quiet and cleans so well.
    Large coffee mugs are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry ๐Ÿ˜