If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, October 2, 2023

Eat-at-hometober day 2

I did some bulk cooking today.  
I cooked about 5 pounds of lean top round beef  roast in the crockpot.  

After about 6 hours in the crock pot, it was done and tender. 
I shredded and put in containers.  
4 went in the freezer for future meals like vegetable beef soup, tacos, beef and noodles.   
Y’all will these again during Eat at hometober.  

Supper was 1 container of shredded beef with a green salad and steamed vegetables.  
I used the tiny harvest of green beans from yesterday and supplemented them with some potatoes and frozen vegetables.  


A reader told me I should be saving my green onion tops to regrow.  
I liken to eat the white part so the ends I saved are pretty short but I planted them and will see what happens 
There is quite a bit of root in the soil- I’ll keep them watered and in the sun- 🤷🏻‍♀️

In the kitchen, we made a big change. 
One of the cabinet door hinges broke so after thinking about it,  we just removed all the upper cabinet doors (they are stored in the backyard shop)
We have a friend that is a custom cabinet builder.  He looked over our cabinets another time we were having trouble with one. 
For  an unknown reason, our cabinets were built with European hinges that are very finicky.  
His suggestion was we replace all the hinges but we didn’t want to do that then or now.  

I like no doors a lot.  I like being able to see everything and I think it makes cooking a little easier.
What do y’all think? 

❤️ Rhonda 














7 comments:

  1. I love the "no doors"!! That's exactly what I have! I had no doors in my farmhouse kitchen too. Now you can display your dishes as part of your kitchen decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I think your kitchen looks really pretty in the photos I’ve seen on your block. My dishes aren’t anything particularly colorful, and I have been thinking about what I would like to change them to, but there are so many choices out there, who knows when I’ll make a decision?

      Delete
  2. I don't think the insides of my cabinets are show worthy but I do see that it would make it easier. But , I'm not sure what I would do with all the recipes and notes taped inside my doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had lots of recipes on my cabinet doors too. I just took them down and put them iI had lots of recipes on my cabinet doors too. I just took them down and put them in that little country blue recipe box.

      Delete
  3. First the meat looks soooooo good!
    I like no doors - but you really have to keep things neat! LOL
    Like Lana I have recipes inside a couple of my upper doors - they are just handy there. Yours looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That beef was delicious!. I saved all the recipes from my cabinet doors and put them in that recipe box.

      Delete
  4. I could never go without doors - my cabinets are not that organized :) The one thing I would wonder about is whether the unavoidable grease and dust from cooking will make it harder to keep everything in your cabinets clean. I know I am constantly having to wipe down my cabinet doors. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐