If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, October 6, 2023

Eat at Hometober days 4, 5, and 6- couponing- etc

Hello everyone 
For for eat at Hometober
On the 4th, we had leftover roast beef.  
On the 5th, we had delicious lentil tacos again.  
Yesterday,  I made a big batch of pasta sauce- the kind we call Roma Sauce 

  
It’s cooking in an 8 quart crockpot.  
Many containers of sauce went in the freezer and one will be for supper tonight on the 6th. 
 I’ll cook some pasta and green beans from our tiny fall garden.  

About couponing- 
These are not sales you could duplicate exactly but I do want to show you ways to save money, if you are wanting to do that
After I shop at CVS, they almost always put a high value extrabuck on my account or they email it to me.
On these two purchases, you can say that they have sent me four dollar extrabucks  several times. They can be spent on anything.
I like to stack them with other CVS coupons that are usually on everyone’s account
CVS sent me coupons for gold emblem snacks and also snacks in general. And a four dollar extrabuck
These nuts were buy one get one  1/2 off. Cashews are a family favorite!
So I bought two and nicelyntold the cashier I would like to add every available offer on my account to this transaction
I got 3 pounds of cashews for about $14
I was not expecting to get the four dollar extrabuck on this transaction but it was a nice surprise

Then in yesterday’s mail, there was another four dollar extrabuck from CVS
I looked over the other coupons on my CVS app
I saw one that was five dollars off $25 worth of candy
We don’t need any candy at this house, but I was wanting to fill the candy dish at a relatives assisted living home.
So I stacked my two $4 extrabucks with the five dollar off candy.
I don’t have a photo of the actual candy that I purchased because I’ve already taken it to my relative
But I bought six bags of the Hershey brand. That came to almost $24. But it needed to be $25 so I added a bag of peppermint that was a little over a dollar.

So I got six bags of chocolate candy and one bag of peppermint for about  $12.

My relative doesn’t eat this candy, but she does have a large candy bowl. 
There are many workers that come in and out of her apartment and they enjoy having a little treat and it’s just a nice little Thank you, saying we appreciate them.
So I was quite thankful to stock up on treat  for the workers for very little money

I went to Walgreens, mainly just to spend the reward from last week.
(And when I wrote about what I bought at Walgreens last week, I was wrong about my rewards.
Two of them are what are called boosters and had already expired so 
I only had $11 to spend in Walgreens Rewards.   yes, couponing is tricky.)


Walgreens also had cashews on sale. The 8 ounce bags were $2.99 each
The zipper bags were buy one get two free.
The bags are an OK deal, not the very best deal, but I was wanting to add more to my pantry stock.
This transaction was a little over five dollars.


So, if you are wanting to coupon, check your apps for the stores that you want to shop
After you shop there, check your app and your email again to see if they have sent you any personalized offers
In my experience, they tend to send offers for things you have already purchased.
At CVS I am still getting lots of baby offers even though our youngest grand is 4 1/2.  

I have not been back to Dollar General in two weeks.
And I don’t think I will be going back to either CVS or Walgreens again this week.
I have not looked into next week sales, but I don’t foresee myself being a super couponer like the people I see on YouTube or Instagram.
But I am very happy to have stocked up on things that my family really likes-like cashews which are a favorite snack of grand children and husband- and to treat all the workers at the assisted living home

If you’re wondering, I ended up with 5 pounds of cashews. 
I did check the dates on all the packages and all of them are dated well into 2024. 
I am positive my family will eat them before they go rancid.


This weeks to do list looks exactly like last weeks to do list
Because it is the very same list
I got so little done last week, I just re-used the same list for this week and added boxes for the things I really do try to do daily no matter what.

Even though it may be my motto, I don’t always get things done


Hope you are all having a really, really good week!

❤️ Rhonda 






6 comments:

  1. You did so well on your coupons -great deals. Wish I had made the time to go to Walgreens-there were some great deals this past week (no CVS by us).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent price on the cashews.
    Nuts are so expensive now.
    Well everything is now.
    I store my nuts in the freezer.
    It keeps them fresh a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for pointing out the nut sale at CVS. I had 11 in Extra Care bucks and got 2 of the large size cans for 5.50 each. They will be nice for Christmas. At least if I hide them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you do get lots done. I love love love cashews, and I am allergic to them@=!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is OK---you have been MIA for a long time...sending hugs...Jane in Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane- I’m sorry to worry you -I’m planning on being back to blogging regularly

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐