If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, November 1, 2020

November #1 hello


Hello everyone.  Yes,  I’m still here and still busy with our home interior changes.  I can’t say they have gone smooth as silk but it is all starting to come together and we are very happy with the results.  
And I’ll show things when it’s done.  

October 31 is not my favorite today but children sure like it, especially for the candy.  
I made these treats for my grandchildren- 
Latex Gloves that are so 2020 were  filled with candy and little toys I bought last year on clearance for .09 a bag.  
We do have 8 grandchildren and their gloves were already mailed to them when I took this photo.  

I didn’t feel  comfortable being face to face with the trick or treaters last night so I set up this little table, blocking the front door. 
I put a sign on it that said "take 1 each.  Happy Candy Day”
Then I watched at the window and refilled as needed.  
The children all took 1 and our dog wasn’t crazy all evening with the doorbell ringing.  
This worked out great.  
We only had about 40 children come by and past year’s, we have had many more.   But everything is different, right?  


Last week there was an ice storm in Oklahoma.  Most all the trees still had their leaves so the ice made them especially heavy.  Many broke or fell and much of the state lost  power.  
Thankfully our power was only off 8 hours or so.   
We have a gas fireplace that kept us cozy. 

And we don’t have any limbs to clean up because we don’t have any trees in our yard-  we have lots of plants but no trees.  
There is a beautiful home behind these damaged trees.  It’s near my parents home and the way all the limbs are broken and hanging down, the house can hardly be seen now.  
That’s what most trees around our area look like after the ice.  

Happy November everyone 
❤️🏡❤️
Rhonda 

















4 comments:

  1. Very sweet idea for Halloween candy. Think this was extremely appropriate for 2020. So cute!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea for candy giving. Appropriate too! Glad you had no damage from the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of a yard with lots of short trees! The hurricane winds left lots of homes near here damaged, trees down. But, little happened at our house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐