If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday- a new week, a new list

Hello everyone 
I’m ready to be back to a routine -as much a routine as is possible this time of year anyway- so I wrote out a new to do list for the week, 

I reset the guest room with some flannel sheets and it’s looking Christmasy in there 

I mixed up 3 kinds of cookie dough
Mexican wedding cookies, oatmeal cookies and sugar cookies- all are Betty Crocker recipes. 
I forgot to stir the pecans into the oatmeal recipe so I’ll use the chopped pecans for something else. 
I didn’t want to bake them this morning but I shaped 2 of the doughs into balls.  
All the dough is chilling in the fridge until I’m ready to bake.  


4 of the grands were here over the weekend which is why the guest room needed freshen up.  P
Elizabeth made this cute creation with Perler beads. 
The 3 boys said they wanted to do origami but they mostly made “ninja fighting “ instruments with paper 

Meals for the last week have all been pretty simple and cooked at home.
Beef stew with cheese and crackers 
One day I was gone in the afternoon so I made some smothered cube steaks in the crockpot and had the potatoes ready to cook at supper time 
Big salads are almost always served - my husband really likes salad πŸ₯— 
One of the breakfasts when the grands were here- biscuits with scrambled eggs and gravy, and chocolate chip muffins 
I got a spiral ham for about $9 with Kroger delivery.  My husband smoked it and I served with a salad, green beans and box mac and cheese.  
It was a lot of ham! Some was diced and froze to add to breakfast eggs or casseroles.  Some will be used for sandwiches.  



I imagine most of you are busy with the same kind of things I am
Hope you all have a smooth and productive week 
❤️πŸŽ„❤️
Rhonda 















8 comments:

  1. That guest bed looks so festive! Your beef stew looks great. I haven't made that in a long while but we also serve it with cheese and crackers. I am LOVING that we now have Kroger delivery here. I really like their quality products and the prices are good when you find great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the cookies in the Betty Crocker cookbook! I made the Russian Teacakes (Mexican Wedding Cookies this morning, and the sugar cookie dough yesterday and put it in the fridge. I'll be rolling those out shortly. I am making Rice Krispy Treats with Christmas Krispies and sprinkles, as well as Peanut Butter Blossoms today and that will be it for me. I got today off unexpectedly - Yay! - so I am spending it in the kitchen. I love Christmas cookies! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the grandsons lined up for food. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you - glad to see you post. Looks like you are getting all ready for the holiday! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad used to smoke hams. They were the best. It is always too cold here at Christmas to get out the smoker so maybe we need a summer smoked ham.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to do a few cookies. I am planning on whipped shortbread and perhaps some sugar cookies. After that, other then putting out the Christmas tablecloth I am as done as I can be.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you posting again! I haven't made any cookies yet, but there's still time. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐