If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crock pot tip and more bragging about my grandbabies

I've been cooking with the crockpot this summer, it heats up the kitchen a lot less than baking things in the oven.
One of our favorite things is to cook pork loin on high until it is tender enough to shred.
At the very end, I add barbecue sauce (we like Head Country because it tastes good and is made in Oklahoma
http://www.headcountry.com/)

anyway, can you see how the inside of the crockpot, even after I cooked that roast and took out the leftovers, looks pretty clean?
My trick for easy clean up is to spray the inside with cooking spray, like Pam, before you cook.
I've been doing this for a few months and no matter what I cook, clean up is a breeze. Washing the inside is as easy as washing a dinner plate.

Little Elizabeth and her momma came for a visit today to see how Grandpa Jeff is recuperating.


They read a few books and had some fun visiting. Elizabeth is 13 months old and she loves to sit and read books. She like it when a grown-up does the reading and she also likes to sit alone and look at books by herself.



Gavin and his momma came yesterday for a short visit. Gavin had been to the doctor and was not feeling his best so I did not take any pictures. Gavin was so concerned about his Grandpa and gave Grandpa the sticker that he had just got from his doctor. Isn't that sweet?


Gavin had a dry cough and was not feeling just right, the doctor did not seem to know exactly what was wrong with him. His momma thinks he might just be too tired and that the cough could be from swimming and getting a little water in his lungs.













11 comments:

  1. I love introducing little children (nieces/nephews) to books. It is so nice to see your little granddaughter enjoying her books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head Country is our favorite BBQ sauce. I've been putting it in meatloaf, delicious.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always spray my crockpot too. Clean-up is a breeze!

    Your grandchildren are so cute. Toddler Girl loves the book basket too. It's the first place she goes in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found me too. For some reason I think that I wasn't getting notice of all your posts so I've been a bit scarce :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! We use a made-in-our-state bbq sauce, too! Montgomery Inn. Don't know if it's available all over or not! ha. Anyway, that looks really yummy.

    Wow, that E is growing! I love her little button nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried using a generic Pam and it didn't help too much. I wonder if that made a difference or perhaps I didn't spray enough. I am going to try a new can of Pam and see if that helps. Baby E is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda,
    Miss E is getting so big. A really cutie. I hope Grandpa has his shot gun ready.:)
    Miss Candi wrote a post for you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about spraying the slow cooker with Pam, I will do that tomorrow with my roast that I plan on cooking in the slow cooker.
    Your little Elizabeth is such a doll, I love her curls! I know her grandpa must have felt so much better after a visit with his little sweetheart.
    My oldest gd was just like her with books and she spends a lot of time reading now. She is ten and learning to read came naturally because she had been enjoying books since she was a baby.
    Have a lovely evening, my friend. How has the weather been in Oklahoma? I hope my old aunties are making the summer okay in Henryetta and Dewar.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have sweet and cute grandbabies.

    I need to cook in the crockpot more during this heat too.

    Glad Grandpa is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I will try that. I love cooking in my crock pot too but the cleaning up I don't like! lol On Flylady she calls the crock pot...our secret weapon. Your Grands are darling. Hope Gavin and hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First let me say, you have two beautiful grandbabies. I have been reading through your posts - very interstsing site and I just LOVE your photo on your header.Thanks for visiting FlyAwayHome-4am.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐