If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday sewing and thrift store goodies

I woke up early today, 4:30 a.m., so I did some sewing. I made 2 pair of bloomers for toddler Elizabeth. Most store-bought baby dresses come with bloomers/diaper covers but once you move up to toddler sizes, you usually just get a dress. Elizabeth is for-sure a busy toddler and she will just look a little more dressed with bloomers to cover her diapers when she is wearing dresses.





I met 4 girlfriends for lunch today but I had a few minutes before we were scheduled to meet so I stopped at one thrift store. These fancy embroidered letters, about 4 inches tall, were 5 cents for each bundle. These were they only letters they had. I have no idea what I will do with them but I could not resist for 25 cents total.




I can spell "busy" or "USA" except the A's are orange.






I love buying bias binding at thrift stores. I used bias binding on all 4 of the aprons I made last week as well as the casing for the elastic legs on the bloomers. And I really like it when I can find it for 5 cents a package.






3 nice lengths of fabric. The apple and polka dots pieces are 2+ yards each and the red checks have 4+ yards.


I also bought 1 shirt and 2 pair of shorts for Gavin and a vintage gold 8x10 photo frame for 10 cents.


Lunch was so much we fun, we are going to met again next week too.


7 comments:

  1. wow you really got up early. I love those little bloomers for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best things at your thrift store. I have never seen fabric in ours or sewing notions.

    I agree the bloomers will look awful cute on Elizabeth with the dresses. Little girls are mighty busy and move around alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing about your projects & finds ... it's always fun to find a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lunch with girlfriends is always fun!

    I love the idea of the bloomers...how very sweet she will look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love little girls in bloomers!! Nice thrift store finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, first, I gave you a "Versatile Blogger Award" over at my blog today.
    Second, I love thrift stores. I wish we had better ones around here. I never find the cool stuff like you did.
    BTW, you could also spell "BABY." Not baby color, but it would be cute on a baby boy item, I think. It doesn't always have to be pastels, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a smart shopper, Rhonda.
    My daughter always had those little bloomers to cover her daughters diapers and she still wears leggings at 7 years old. The bloomers keep the babies so much more modest, some people don't think babies need to be modest, but we live in a sick, sick world and we never know when a sickie may spy one of our precious little ones and get a kick out of taking a photo of them with a phone camera. I applaud the bloomers, you are such a good grandma.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐