If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's Hot, Jeff's Make do and Mend and an anniversary


Hello everyone from Hot Oklahoma. I just called our local time and temp message and it said it is 109 right now.
So needless to say, any outdoor housework is getting done first thing in the morning and I am staying in the house with the AC and ceiling fans on. No break in the weather is predicted until at least 12 days out either.
Oklahoma tends to have extreme weather so we are used to it and expect it.
We are praying for rain though as the lack of rain and high heat has devastated crops and livestock.



My husband had knee surgery yesterday - sort of a make do and mend -as his procedure was a scope surgery to clean out his left knee. The doctor said the damage inside Jeff's knee was not as bad as he expected so he just cleaned out the parts that were causing grinding and sewed him back up.
Jeff's surgery was at the Oklahoma City VA hospital and I cannot say enough good things about the care he got there. The news has many sad stories about Veterans who are treated badly and I think it is a shame that all VA centers are not staffed as well as the Oklahoma City VA hospital.





4 years ago this week, Nina and John got married.


This is John and Nina, about 15 months ago


Nina, their baby Elizabeth and John
just last week at Top Sail, North Carolina

Aren't they a cute family?
Happy anniversary
to my favorite daughter and favorite son in law.
John rolls his eyes when I call them that
because they are my only daughter and son in law.




8 comments:

  1. Can't believe we'll be having this weather for such a long time. I wonder if anyone is brave enough to have garage sales tomorrow?

    Hope your hubby has a speedy recovery.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter and son in law!!! Hope your hubby gets better soon! Don't you just LOVE grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary wishes to Nina and John! Glad Jeff is doing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I can't beleive it has been 4 years aready. Time flies when you are having fun. LOL
    I am so happy Jeff is doing well.
    It is really hot here too.
    Have a wonderful week end.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping Jeff heals fast! He has a good time to be off and inside with this heat. Here in Southern IL we are to be in triple digits also. Think 104 was the highest tho for us that I saw. Nina has such a cute family. I love her blue flowers. Take care in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are a cute family! Topsail Beach is not too far from me. My brother has a place there. Its the beach most people around here to go and Surf City.

    Good luck to Jeff's knee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are hot in OK also...

    Oh how precious the pictures...our son has been married 6 years in August, we are all still waiting for that baby. Congratulations to them.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...praying for OK to have some cooler weather and rain also. It will be a summer to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed this post - congratulations to your kids! Praying Jeff recuperates well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐