If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, July 8, 2011

Staycation

We have enjoyed a staycation part of this week. 
One day,  we took grandson Gavin to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks.
Gavin liked this fish display the most.
The fish were at ground level, right where Gavin is. 

I think this was the Oklahoma bass exhibit.

A life size Oklahoma alligator bronze statue
Gavin was very bothered by the rocks inside the gator's mouth
He was not happy until he took
everyone of them out. 

Me,  Grandma Rhonda with Gavin
No, my hair does not always look quite this wild
but it was a windy Oklahoma day. 

All in all,  a staycation has been very nice.  We took care of a few projects around this house,
ate out a couple of times,
did a little shopping and took several naps.

What are you doing this summer? 
I hope whatever it is that you are enjoying it.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun day for the 3 of you. Glad you got to go. Gavin knows rocks aren't for fit for nothing to eat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A staycation sounds really fun! I've been very busy with childcare and am looking forward to a bit lighter week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are staycationers too. We have three reservoirs within a half hour from home and the Rockies are a bit farther. What a blessing to be so close to it all. Glad you're enjoying your family time!........Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that a staycation is one of the best. You don't get stressed out by traveling and driving all day. You can enjoy the local sights and eat out every night!!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. All the best for all your blogging efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staycations are the very best ones! Looks like you all had a great time. That Gavin is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little trip! and I love the gorgeous pic of you at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had fun with Gavin.
    I am back from our family camp, that is the only vacation that I have planned, I may fly to Washington state to visit my daughter and her family out there, later in the summer.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pics!

    I'm currently home alone while the hubby is at camp with our youth group. I'm home due to pregnancy. I'm attempting to get some of the clutter out of the guest room so that we can turn it into a baby room. I'm overwhelmed, though. No idea where to put certain things, such as my wedding dress, which is in a HUGE box! I would just get rid of it, as we're having a boy, not a girl, but I do have 4 nieces, and one might want to wear it someday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet of Galvin really, to be upset about the rocks in the gators mouth. We are staying at Fiddler's Cove on Cornado Island. The military's best kept(haha) secret. It's only dry camping, but lots of nice folks, fishing, boating etc. Many from California stay close to home.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐