If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Sunbonnet and pantry

Elizabeth’s one room school house outfit  needed a sunbonnet and I finally found a simple online tutorial to sew one up. 
The tutorial was great and I recommend it if you need a sunbonnet for a girl age 7-11. 
I didn’t intend to use 2 different fabrics, but when I was cutting it out, I somehow used both fabrics.  But I guess it will be fine.  Pioneers truly had to use what they had and I’m sure sometimes clothes were made with whatever fabric the pioneer was fortunate enough to have.  







No before photos but I spent about an hour organizing and wiping down our pantry.  I used some extra storage containers we already had.  There wasn’t much thrown out except some mayo we dont like and a bag of salad dressing mix dated 2014 😵
All like items are sitting on the shelves together now. 
We have lots of spices and I opened up the adjustable steps they sit on so they are more spread out and easier to see what’s what.  
Nothing remarkable or Pinterest worthy but I’m happy with it.  




It’s been raining here most of the day and even had tornado warnings near by.  But don’t worry about me if you hear of Oklahoma tornado damage.  We have a very safe shelter to get it, if need be.  

Have a good Tuesday everyone ❤️ 
And if you have a to do list, I hope things on it are getting done ✅ 

8 comments:

  1. The sunbonnet is adorable! I think it looks much better than either of the fabrics would have looked alone. Happy accident😊
    You've got lots of room in your pantry. Mine is small, so I have to use an extra linen closet for the overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunbonnet!! And two prints make it original; great!
    We've had too much rain all winter and spring, but I suppose when it turns dry we'll complain again.
    You have such a nice, big pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the sunbonnet is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Little House on the Prairie bonnet. I do love your pantry. I say that every time I see a photo of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made many a sunbonnet in my life time, yours is cute and you are right they used what they had. I wish I had some kind of a pantry. If I ever get to build a house (yeah like that will happen) I will have a pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sunbonnet...so cute! Jeff and I have been trying to get our pantry more organized again so that we know what we have and don't waste a bunch of money. I am also trying to make sure that I have the things that I use on a regular basis in there so I can make more meals at home. We have been bad about going out to eat lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the two pieces of material...perfect with each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐