If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, September 21, 2020

September #4 - fun with grandchildren

Hello everyone
I’ve just about spent all of today doing nothing but going to the dentist.  I’m getting a crown and he had to do some extra numbing.  It’s just now wearing off so maybe I can get back to normal life now.  

Grandchildren were with us the last few days and they have all reached the age where they really eat - 
3 of them were here one day and we got takeout pizza for lunch,  I like using the Little Caesar app for ordering.  When you arrive at the store,  the pizzas are waiting in a hot box.  You just enter your code, take out the pizza and leave- no standing in line 

While they went with Grandpa to pick up the pizza,  I baked a batch of cake mix cookies 


These were yellow cake mix with chocolate chips -
Just use any cake mix- add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil and about a cup of any addition like chocolate chips, nuts, oatmeal. Etc
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes 



I went to my very first yardsale of 2020 on Friday. I saw the signs on my way to pick up grandchildren and stopped.  
I got 3 vintage magazines and a slimline beverage dispenser.  The dispenser is now in the fridge full of Crystal Light and it works great. 


This magazine was printed in the middle of World War II.  It reminds me of my grandmother.  She was a farm wife with 2 sons and 2 sons in law all serving during WWII.  ( and they all returned home alive)


Victory gardens were a topic in this issue and I thought these cartoons were funny 



And not about gardening but funny


Later in the week,  2 grandsons were here and they happily ate 
Baked tacos and homemade cinnamon rolls 



Baked tacos are so good and so easy!
Just put the shells straight from the box into a baking dish.  Add grated cheese and warm taco filling to each.  Then bake for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees.
Remove from oven,  add toppings and serve 
I made the cinnamon roll dough in a bread machine and used this recipe,  but no sticky topping.  I just frosted them and added some chopped pecans (and one grandson was not thrilled with the nuts so he looked carefully and picked a roll with the fewest nuts) 





Then later in the weekend,  the 5 local grandchildren were all here at the same time.  They have not seen each other much during the 🦠 and they had lots of fun together.  
They are getting big, aren’t they?  The are 10, 5, 8, 7 and 11! 
Babies don’t stay babies very long at all.  

Have a good week everyone 
❤️ Rhonda πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ



















9 comments:

  1. Your grands are growing ,like they are supposed to, but my how time flies and children change!
    I used to love Post and really did enjoy the comics you shared. I wish there was still a magazine like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you got to spend time with your grandchildren. The cinnamon buns look yummy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm up at the stupid hour getting hungry looking at your delicious food! I haven't done the little ceasars thing that sounds neat.
    You have a bunch of good looking grand kids that are going to be grown before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad they got to spend time with you. Your granddaughter is a really pretty girl! I remember when she was born! I bet it was fun to find the magazines! TFS the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful grandchildren! I envy that you get to see (and feed!) them :)

    I want to try the cake mix cookies...and the oven tacos sound great for a crowd...all pre-assembled!

    Loved visiting with you today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are getting so grown up! I see the biggest change in Braeden - he just has a big kid's face now.
    My Bradley will be 11 next week and it hardly seems possible. Our grandchildren are almost teenagers, Rhonda! Well, I won't rush that, but it does freak me out a little bit. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog. And those grands are so good looking and really growing up! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks delicious, but especially those cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl! Enjoy those youngin's all you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐