If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, January 8, 2023

First week of January doings


Hello everyone. I hope y’all have had a good week. I have had a very busy week with that long to do list. I wasn’t expecting to get as much done as I did but I feel better now that it’s mostly done.  
Above is what the first spare bedroom looks like, it’s what we call the kids room. Ducky likes it now that I have the curtains open where he can look outside whenever he wants.
When two of our grandsons were living in this room, it mostly looked like this below picture🥴

Besides house work, I made two kinds of stock. I cooked the hambone left from New Year’s Day. I’ve never made ham broth but my son said he did and they liked it. The big crockpot has beef soup bones that we got from our daughter’s family when they bought a butchered cow.

I let the broth chill overnight in the fridge. 
When I checked on it this morning, I was pleased to see that the broth from the beef was like gelatin almost. Anyway I ended up with 3 quarts of beef stock and about a quart and a half of ham stock. It’s all in the freezer waiting to be cooked into something delicious.


This is last weeks to do list. I didn’t get much done in the master bedroom or bath this week but that can happen this coming week



In our dining room, is an accumulating pile of stuff that needs to leave the house, some of it is from our daughters family and some is from our home. So I will go through that this week, and list some of it on the Stillwater buy nothing Facebook list and some of it may go to Goodwill and some of it may go to the trash, we will see.



There is a lot to do at daughter‘s new home. Lots of boxes to unpack so it’s not ready for pictures just yet. But the kitchen is the first room they set up and it is a big beautiful kitchen. That island is huge! And you can’t tell it from the picture but it has three or four stacks of drawers on both sides so there is so much storage. And behind the stove is a walk-in pantry. The floors look wood but those are ceramic tile that look like wood.


That opening was originally supposed to be bricked but there is a brick shortage so the builder suggested wood as an alternate and I think it looks so nice! 
They were able to get just enough brick for the exterior after a wait, but to get enough brick for the interior was going to take much much longer.  


It’s a beautiful new kitchen, isn’t it? ❤️🏡❤️ 

I’ll be back tomorrow with a new to do list. 

❤️Rhonda 










11 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful, spacious kitchen. I love the wood opening. If it were brick, for me it would be a way to snag clothes and skin myself or children. It appears she has lots of storage space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yes, their kitchen has loads of storage space!

      Delete
  2. Ducky is quite the handsome boy! What a sweet picture. WOW, what a kitchen - it looks as big as my whole house! Beautiful. Sounds like you have been busy! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ducky is a very sweet puppy and we are happy to have him in our family. It is a very big kitchen and it looks even bigger in the photo because it is an open area with the dining room on the right and then the living room is on the other side of that wood entryway.
      Thank you. Hope you have a good week too

      Delete
  3. That kitchen is gorgeous! And way to go on the to-do list! You've encouraged me to get busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a beautiful kitchen. My daughter bakes a lot and her husband likes to cook so I expect they will use this kitchen and enjoy it for years to come. Hope you get lots done on your list too

      Delete
  4. Great kitchen! Ham broth is fantastic for giving additional flavor to split pea soup (I have 2 ham bones in the freezer for just that purpose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never eaten or cooked split pea soup. I’ve heard it’s good. I may just try that, thanks for the suggestion

      Delete
    2. You haven't?! Oh Rhonda, it's a classic. And sooo hearty and good. Perfect for a cold night. Give it a try!

      Delete
  5. Isn't making broth from scraps and bones wonderful? I keep a Ziploc freezer bag full of veggie scraps in my freezer to add to chicken bones to make stock. (Or, you can just make a veggie broth.)

    Your daughter's kitchen is *dreamy*!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie. I keep a bag of celery and carrot scraps in the freezer too and often make chicken broth. I just never had made beef broth before or ham broth. About split pea soup, I’m wondering if that is more of a regional soup so I did a little research on it and apparently it was very popular in early America. I don’t recall ever hearing anyone around here saying they were going to have split pea soup and I’ve never seen it on a menu. But I’ve added dried split peas to my Walmart list and I do plan to make some. Frozen green peas are one of our favorite vegetables.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐